From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

From the guy:

Titans are said to be asking about Von Miller. 

Trading Lewis is pretty much dead. Apparently was linked some how to an attempt to get Drake. 

I called Lewis for Drake... could have been a win/win for both teams.  They would get Lewis on a 2 year 10M contract, essentially, with no commitment to keep him... they could have cut him at any point with no penalty.  We throw in a 7th and the value far exceeds the 6th they got from AZ... wonder why Miami wasn't interested.  

Miller would be huge.  I would easily give a 1 for him plus some future considerations/picks.  If we don't change our offensive staff, it won't matter who get at QB... they're going to be up against it. I would rather not waste a 1 on an already doomed experiment.  With a change on offense, Tannehill is good enough to succeed... and maybe we take someone in the 2nd or 3rd to develop for a year or 2.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Man Miller makes this defense elite. The one thing this defense lacks is an elite outside pass-rusher. Landry has gotten better but still not a premier guy who offense have to account for. Put Miller opposite him and woah. Makes too much sense to happen because that price tag is likely very hefty.

Also means way less Correa, which is an addition by subtraction in it's own right. 

• Like 1

The NFL Deadline could be so much fun and it never is

Don’t get me wrong there were a ton of moves leading up to today but man today could have been fun

Im not mad the Titans didn’t make a splash, Von Miller would have been nice but no way they trade him

Drake would have been nice but we can figure out how to use Dion Lewis so no shot at using Drake the right way

I just don’t get teams around the league though Denver is all done why hold on to Chris Harris? Washington is dont why not trade Trent Williams? Devante Parker in Miami could have been a good pick up for a WR needy team. 

There could have been so much fire works today but these sorry @ss teams like the Bengals can’t just do the right thing and send AJ Green to a contender 

The only other thing that bothers me about the Titans is we couldn’t find a RG? Davis is such a project and Pamphile is still hurt so a decent Gaurd would have been nice 

3 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I just don’t get teams around the league though Denver is all done why hold on to Chris Harris? Washington is dont why not trade Trent Williams? Devante Parker in Miami could have been a good pick up for a WR needy team. 

It's Elway and with the current ownership situation (the trust), he has no accountability.  He's the macho man who fancies himself as always being able to bring the team from behind and ****** victory from the jaws of defeat.  Do we really expect him to admit he's built a trainwreck and go full rebuild mode?  Not happening.

Lol at the censorbot.  Rhymes with match and means to grasp quickly.  Get your mind outta the gutter, Mr. Bot.

Edited by titanrick
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, titanrick said:

It's Elway and with the current ownership situation (the trust), he has no accountability.  He's the macho man who fancies himself as always being able to bring the team from behind and ****** victory from the jaws of defeat.  Do we really expect him to admit he's built a trainwreck and go full rebuild mode?  Not happening.

Lol at the censorbot.  Rhymes with match and means to grasp quickly.  Get your mind outta the gutter, Mr. Bot.

Elway is so lucky Manning hit free agency. His entire post-playing career is based solely on that one signing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Elway is so lucky Manning hit free agency. His entire post-playing career is based solely on that one signing.

Kinda sorta yes and no. The team that lost the superbowl got there and lost because of Peyton Manning. The team that won the superbowl got there and won in spite of Peyton Manning.

Just now, Mesa_Titan said:

Kinda sorta yes and no. The team that lost the superbowl got there and lost because of Peyton Manning. The team that won the superbowl got there and won in spite of Peyton Manning.

One could argue a lot of those defensive "finds" don't sign there without Peyton in place.  Just sayin...

Just now, Mesa_Titan said:

The thing for me is that a good portion of that defense came over as free agents because Manning was there. Talib, Ward, Ware. He drafted Von and he had a good draft class in 2012, but in 8 years, it really comes down to Manning, Von and the 2012 class.

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

He drafted Von and he had a good draft class in 2012, but in 8 years, it really comes down to Manning, Von and the 2012 class.

I believe he was on the job for less than 3 months at that point.  The Von pick would have happened with or without him.