From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

1 minute ago, Titans fan 617 said:

And for what it’s worth outside of the bad pick he threw he still came back a few times and did give the Pats a 4 point lead before the defense let them down again in the Miami game 

I’m just saying the mans not done 

I don't think he is either tbh.

Tannehill averaged ~29 passes per game. If we ask Brady to throw it 30 times per game that's over 130 less pass attempts than what he threw this year. His arm will be fine.

On the plus side Brady might come and play here for like 10m a year. He doesn't need money. Spending big on a RB still isn't advisable, but you could do it with that type of QB salary. Would absolutely need to buy a ED.

Also, we're not even allowed to talk to Brady right? Not until March? How would anyone in our organization know if he was interested? That would be tampering?

Edited by TitanSS

Its not the same, but I treat it like Manning to the Broncos.
Manning had really only 2 good years left, Pushed out 4.

It transformed an 8-8 Broncos team into an elite unit. Attracted FA's. Made people think Elway was great. 
I see Brady as a chance to push the Titans into an upper level of teams. Except we have the coach and GM to sustain it rather than watch it evaporate. 

I feel I'm in bizzaro world where this fact is getting downplayed or forgotten. He'll be 43 years old at the start of next season!!!!

I know he's defeated all odds by how well he's played this late in his career at this age. However, we've seen slippage in play for former great QBs before a big drop off (Manning in 2015, Favre in 2010). Brady is already at the slippage stage which means the drop off is on the horizon. And like with Manning and Favre, it's hard drop that happens suddenly.

If we were to sign him, I'm sure I'll try to talk myself into it. But at this point, I'm just not a fan of a potential signing.

Edited by TitanSlim
  • Like 1

If we're expecting a regression closer to the mean for Tannehill (~4000 yards, 24-27 TD, 12 INT,  64%, 7.2 YPA, 7.0 AY/A) it's really not that different from Brady's down year this year - 4057 yards, 24 TD, 8 INT, 61%, 6.6 YPA, 6.8 AY/A.

With a much better supporting cast I think all of those number improve and if we can conserve his arm with our proven running game I expect it to be just fine in the post season.

I'm perfectly fine with Brady, especially if he comes cheaper than Tannehill. Re-sign Henry and invest in a draft pick that can spell him effectively in the run game (this part shouldn't be hard with how bad Dion was) who can also threat in the passing attack. Have the rookie RB conserve Henry, have Henry conserve Brady. Domino effect.

8 hours ago, TitanSS said:

On the plus side Brady might come and play here for like 10m a year. He doesn't need money. Spending big on a RB still isn't advisable, but you could do it with that type of QB salary. Would absolutely need to buy a ED.

Also, we're not even allowed to talk to Brady right? Not until March? How would anyone in our organization know if he was interested? That would be tampering?

Back channels of the league my friend. Titans haven't directly talked to Brady most likely. However, Vrabel and Brady are friends. If after the WC game, Brady said he wants to play for the Titans to Vrabel or whoever, it’s not tampering. There’s certainly ways around it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Agent says " my 43 year old friend thinking about moving to TN how's the weather there?"

Titans says: it's good. Should be clear skies for a while. Good place to start for the next two years of his life.  

Lol

And yeah plus they are friends. 

Tommy how is the wife!?  She is good she was to live down south. I'd like it too!  Lol 

I’m just left to wonder if you guys actually watched Brady in the second half of the year. And if so, what possibly leads you to believe that he’s somehow going to stop getting worse while getting a year older, when the decline has been obvious for two years now?

He’s a terrible fit for our current offense. I’d be stunned if he takes less money than Tannehill, but even if he does, we’re talking about Using the savings to pay Henry? What? We’re going to bring in Tom Brady and then make a one-dimensional back that can’t run routes one of the highest paid backs in football so he can play 40% of the snaps in Brady’s system?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

Tom Brady, even at 42, elevates the play of those around him. He’d be welcome with open arms by me.

Patriots scored more than 24 once in their last nine games.

Tannehill took over one of the lowest scoring offense in football through a month and a half and averaged almost 28 ppg en route to the AFC championship.

Only one of them elevated the players around him last year, and it wasn’t the one that limped across the finish line with a historically great defense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

I'm posting on a forum where people think it's a good idea to pay a running back 13-14 mil a year and where people think Tom Brady is still a top tier option.

giphy.gif

Honestly, I’m most blown away by the idea that we should combine the two. Even if you’re in love with Henry and will pay him anything, I just can’t imagine a worse fit for him to play with than Brady.

• Like 1