From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

I understand not liking the way the coach was hired, but to say ownership is incompetent and clueless is kind of unfair to me. 

Since Amy took over she has done nothing but point the team in the right direction. 

Upgraded facility. Hired a good GM. Changed the way the team is presented to the public. Digitally, social media, in the community, local radio. Upgrading/changing the uniforms next year. Since she took over we haven't experienced a losing season. 

Her one obvious mistake has been the way she handled the coaching search. 

I think looking around the league some have an unrealistic expectation of what an owner can do. If a coaching hire is the barometer of the competence level of the owner then I guess there are only 2 good owners in the league. ( Pitt and NE) Because the rest of them have made bad coaching hires multiple times. 

• Like 1

AAS and her bozo crew hired Mularkey therefore they’re incompetent because anyone that hires this bum as a HC with his previous failures at numerous locations means you’re incompetent. Robinson wasn’t given the option to hire who he wanted so that was all on ownership. 

Edited by ttitansfan4life

7 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Ticket sales for next year will be at all time low if he’s not fired. Guess that’s what AAS wants but then again she really has no idea what she’s doing.

We just played a huge game, at home, and tickets were on Stubhub for $7 48 hours before kickoff. To the credit of the fans that were there, the place was louder than usual, but there were an insane amount of empty seats. I'm hopeful it will be better Sunday, but I'm not sure a new coaching staff fixes the problem. All we have to do is go back to Week 1 against the Raiders. Team had a ton of hype, still empty seats and a ton of Raider fans.

31 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

AAS and her bozo crew hired Mularkey therefore they’re incompetent because anyone that hires this bum as a HC with his previous failures at numerous locations means you’re incompetent. Robinson wasn’t given the option to hire who he wanted so that was all on ownership. 

Again. Who is the perfect owner you can give as an example that has made the perfect hire? Some of the owners of teams have made bad decisions multiple times, over generations. 

I can think of 2. 

If a questionable/bad hire makes an owner incompetent, I contend that the league is full of incompetence then.

And if an owner is only viewed as competent based on your opinions and what you think is the right move , then you'll never be happy with this team or about 28 others either. 

29 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

We just played a huge game, at home, and tickets were on Stubhub for $7 48 hours before kickoff. To the credit of the fans that were there, the place was louder than usual, but there were an insane amount of empty seats. I'm hopeful it will be better Sunday, but I'm not sure a new coaching staff fixes the problem. All we have to do is go back to Week 1 against the Raiders. Team had a ton of hype, still empty seats and a ton of Raider fans.

It's a league problem. Ravens have seen their fair share of empty too. ( Naming one off top of the head.)

Also this city despite it's growth, are bringing in fans with their own connections. Until we see continual success, we won't be able to have fans show up regardless of record, coach or players. 

There honestly isn't much reason to go to games anymore. HD TV is incredible, things like redzone are incredible, lot of people love fantasy football and thus follow the whole league more so than one team, when you're at a game, even with a great seat, some plays it's hard to tell what the hell happened cause the offense's back is to you and you can't see who made a catch or whatever else until you hear the crowd reaction, the jumbotrons are there but if you're going to use those why not sit at home? Food and drink prices are much cheaper to order from like a pizza place or even cook at home for yourself. It isn't college football where you get the band experience.

Going to a game or maybe even a couple games a year is cool. Going to every game each year? Why? I mean sure, support your team, but even without huge fan support this year in terms of numbers, we still have a really good home record. The at home experience just beats the stadium experience in the NFL now. No way around it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Again. Who is the perfect owner you can give as an example that has made the perfect hire? Some of the owners of teams have made bad decisions multiple times, over generations. 

I can think of 2. 

If a questionable/bad hire makes an owner incompetent, I contend that the league is full of incompetence then.

And if an owner is only viewed as competent based on your opinions and what you think is the right move , then you'll never be happy with this team or about 28 others either. 

Most owners leave it in the hands of the GM to find a HC. Robinson never had that chance. That’s the difference. Sure owners sign off on it but most of the time it’s the GM that’s doing the search. AAS was stuck on Mularkey from the start because she didn’t want to put out an extensive for a real candidate. I don’t know how you can’t see that. Her and her crew should’ve hired Robinson first and let him do his job. Mularkey wasn’t going anywhere. It’s not like other teams were knocking down the door to hire a career failure.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

24 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Most owners leave it in the hands of the GM to find a HC. Robinson never had that chance. That’s the difference. Sure owners sign off on it but most of the time it’s the GM that’s doing the search. AAS was stuck on Mularkey from the start because she didn’t want to put out an extensive for a real candidate. I don’t know how you can’t see that. Her and her crew should’ve hired Robinson first and let him do his job. Mularkey wasn’t going anywhere. It’s not like other teams were knocking down the door to hire a career failure.

I do see the fault in hiring. I'm not like you and damning the results yet. 

That is her mistake. The way she conducted the interviews were bad. 

But I don't agree with your view of her ability to own the team. By your accounts she will never be able to do the job because she is incompetent, even if she hired the most popular candidate?

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Out of blue text:

"McDaniels wants this job so bad." (Talking about Titans.) "He will settle for Detriot tho."

As always...rumor......but from "the guy of the guy"

I don't blame him. He saw what Mariota could do against the Chiefs when he's not forcibly handcuffed by the coaching staff.

Part of me wonders what would of happened if we hired McDaniels instead of Mularkey to begin with?

Would we have had as much success? Less successful? Would Mariota already be among the best QBs in the league playing under him? How different would our drafts been? So many questions....