From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

13 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I’m not touching love in the 1st his accuracy & progression scares me, & we don’t have a QB guru coach on this team. I’m scared to death of love 

I’m not a pro scout so no idea if 2018 was an aberration and he’s just crap or what, but if he sits a couple years having a rookie QB on a 5 year makes a difference. None of the other guys outside of the top 10 are all that appealing and I doubt (hopefully) we are in a position to pick a top QB in the next few years. I don’t recall Watson or Mahomes being predicted as the next big things. Not to say Love is in their class but I don’t really think anyone can say he’s going to suck or be a god just yet. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VY said:

I’m not a pro scout so no idea if 2018 was an aberration and he’s just crap or what, but if he sits a couple years having a rookie QB on a 5 year makes a difference. None of the other guys outside of the top 10 are all that appealing and I doubt (hopefully) we are in a position to pick a top QB in the next few years. I don’t recall Watson or Mahomes being predicted as the next big things. Not to say Love is in their class but I don’t really think anyone can say he’s going to suck or be a god just yet. 

In all honesty I knew Mahomes was going to be good just not this damn good so soon. When he came out I said he’s either Brett Favre at worse  or A Rod at best, this from watching his film. The reason he fell in the draft was because of the offense Texas tech ran, but he’s also coached by a QB God in Reid. Watson I thought was going to be another RG3 VY I didn’t see him being as prolific as he is now, his game reminds me of McNair 

8 hours ago, VY said:

Could have gone with he doesn’t love Love, he hates Love. 

Honestly I really don’t have nothing against the guy, I’m just calling it how I see it. The titans don’t have a QB guru & we have struggled to develop QB’s, specifically the 1st that are dual threat with mechanic problems, accuracy issues, & being able to go through their progression.. 

On 2/24/2020 at 9:20 PM, KingTitan said:

Guy:

Panthers and Bucs have showed interest in giving Tannehill a long term deal. 

I think someone is using this forum as a source..lol

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2877793-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-tua-chase-have-teams-ready-to-move-in-nfl-draft (Feb. 26)

The always excellent Ian Rapoport from NFL Network reported that—for now—the Panthers are planning to move forward with Cam Newton.

That may end up being the case, but teams I speak to don't buy it. They believe the Panthers are going to pursue a QB in free agency, and the name I keep hearing is Ryan Tannehill.

The Panthers, goes the thinking around the league, are playing a nice game of poker and aren't close to settling on Newton.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

All is quiet form the guy

When is the next time you will talk to your friend to either have him ask a question or get what ever he knows? 

You had a post in this thread not too long after I posted what I’m hearing here up North about Brady

What you heard and posted was basically the interest is real on both sides 

Then sometime after that you had a post from the guy saying basically they will try and resign Tannehill 

From the day you posted that, Jeff Darlington and others have come out and said the Titans are the favorites

If at all possible try to find out what happened

Its rumored the Titans were talking to Tannehill since Dec, then we seen Tannehill switch agents 

Im truly not a genius, but from sitting here in Boston my take on how things went down we’re 

Titans we’re talking to Tannehill about an extension in Dec

The old agent said take the deal

Someone either told Tannehill the Titans are low balling you, teams are willing to offer you more 

Or Tannehill caught wind of the mutual interest of Vrabel and Brady and got ticked off at the agent for not knowing and Tannehill flipped agency’s 

So here we are Tannehill flipped agency’s. We have heard nothing about talks between Tannehill and the Titans

JRob and Vrabel have not even come close to given Tannehill a vote of confidence 

JRob has on the other hand told everyone their intentions to resign Henry 

So I’m curious can you find out what happened between Tannehill and the Titans?

Im starting to seriously wonder, even if Brady signs with LV which i truly don’t think he does even though they will have offered him the most money and years

But I’m at the point where maybe Tannehill is maybe pricing himself out of Nashville?

Could the Titans turn to Rivers if they lose out on Brady?

Rivers has claimed to have wanted to play for the Titans before 

In the end, Jeff Darlington is very connected to the Brady camp, he keep saying the Titans are the favorite 

Ill take his work over many others 

Brady will get paid fairly in Nashville 

Vrabel and the surrounding cast will be the reason Brady chooses Nashville over Vegas 

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 9:20 PM, Titans fan 617 said:

When is the next time you will talk to your friend to either have him ask a question or get what ever he knows? 

You had a post in this thread not too long after I posted what I’m hearing here up North about Brady

What you heard and posted was basically the interest is real on both sides 

Then sometime after that you had a post from the guy saying basically they will try and resign Tannehill 

From the day you posted that, Jeff Darlington and others have come out and said the Titans are the favorites

If at all possible try to find out what happened

Its rumored the Titans were talking to Tannehill since Dec, then we seen Tannehill switch agents 

Im truly not a genius, but from sitting here in Boston my take on how things went down we’re 

Titans we’re talking to Tannehill about an extension in Dec

The old agent said take the deal

Someone either told Tannehill the Titans are low balling you, teams are willing to offer you more 

Or Tannehill caught wind of the mutual interest of Vrabel and Brady and got ticked off at the agent for not knowing and Tannehill flipped agency’s 

So here we are Tannehill flipped agency’s. We have heard nothing about talks between Tannehill and the Titans

JRob and Vrabel have not even come close to given Tannehill a vote of confidence 

JRob has on the other hand told everyone their intentions to resign Henry 

So I’m curious can you find out what happened between Tannehill and the Titans?

Im starting to seriously wonder, even if Brady signs with LV which i truly don’t think he does even though they will have offered him the most money and years

But I’m at the point where maybe Tannehill is maybe pricing himself out of Nashville?

Could the Titans turn to Rivers if they lose out on Brady?

Rivers has claimed to have wanted to play for the Titans before 

In the end, Jeff Darlington is very connected to the Brady camp, he keep saying the Titans are the favorite 

Ill take his work over many others 

Brady will get paid fairly in Nashville 

Vrabel and the surrounding cast will be the reason Brady chooses Nashville over Vegas 

The feel I get it's either Tanny or Brady.  If it was a "normal" off-season where Brady retires in NE, then Tanny would be the choice no question. But the Brady mystic weighs heavy. One of if not the best QB ever, decline or not. 

He brings something nobody else brings and that is something apparently the Titans are willing to entertain. 

Your timeline is correct, I feel. 

• Brady is interested in the Titans and Titans have interest in him. Because.....it's Tommy. 
  • Tanny and the Titans talked numbers, Titans like the numbers and Tanny's former agent liked the numbers. Tanny ultimately did not. Feels he could get more. 
  • Which led to the change in agents.
  • Then he says TB and Carolina are interested. The new agent how gotten the feels from other teams,so the money is likely out there.

What I think: I think Brady wants to leave NE. Maybe doing some soul searching about how long he wants to do it. There is no way on this green Earth that Vrabel/Robinson haven't talked to Brady about whether he wants to be here and how much he wants to be paid to do so. I think if Brady says tomorrow, I'm coming, he will be the Titans' QB. I think it's more a Brady decision than a Titans decision. And with the longer time goes by the price for Tanny increases or the desire to be here decreases. 

I've been told a nugget here or there about contracts (Tanny, Henry and Conklin) that he asked me not to share because he fears it would easily be tracked back to him. I'll say between the 3 of them, one of them wants money for the position that I've never seen attached to that position. 

All that to say, I think there is a 79-80% chance Brady comes here. lol It just seems to be the deal. 

If Tanny was without a doubt the guy they wanted, they would have tagged him or had a deal pretty much worked out, regardless of the price demands. They have some doubts. As great as his numbers were, he still has some flags with his play.
Tanny likely wants more than they are willing to pay and feel his play doesn't equal the money he is requesting. 

• Like 2

I’m curious if the Titans sign Brady then what is Tannehill’s market?

Lets just go down the list

Pats- Dalton, Mariota are the rumors plus I don’t see them paying Tannehill the money he wants 

Bengals- Joe Burrow

Colts- Rivers

Chargers- rumored to Bridgewater but could they go with Tannehill?

Raiders- Committing to Carr

Cowboys- Dak

Redskins- Drafted Haskins, rumored to like Tua

Giants- Drafted Jones 

Bears- Committed to Trubisky

Bucs- Winston

Panthers- Committed to Cam

Could Tannehill get screwed here?

If the Titans sign Brady I think his only hope is LAC are interested in him over Bridgewater 

If not Tannehill going to have to go take less to compete some where  

17 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I've been told a nugget here or there about contracts (Tanny, Henry and Conklin) that he asked me not to share because he fears it would easily be tracked back to him. I'll say between the 3 of them, one of them wants money for the position that I've never seen attached to that position. 

This has to be either Conklin or Henry since there’s no way Tannehill is demanding more than Wilson’s 140m/35m per after only a half seasons work and a lackluster playoff performance.

I’m betting it’s Conklin after seeing all the teams rumored to be vying for his services and numbers like 19m per being thrown out there. It would only make sense for him to leverage that. 

I think at the end of the day Tannehill has more value here then anywhere else. So if you are the Titans front office that is how you handle the negotiations.

For all the talk about Brady vs Tannehill, Brady brings a winning pedigree something Tannehill does not. I think yes at this stage obviously Tannehill is the better athlete and may have the stronger arm but give Brady the supporting case we have (assuming we re-sign Henry) and wait and see what he does.

Brady is close to being done but I think he has a couple quality years left in him.

As I have said before if we re-sign Tannehill I would be good with it just no way I give him 30 million a year.

6 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

This has to be either Conklin or Henry since there’s no way Tannehill is demanding more than Wilson’s 140m/35m per after only a half seasons work and a lackluster playoff performance.

I’m betting it’s Conklin after seeing all the teams rumored to be vying for his services and numbers like 19m per being thrown out there. It would only make sense for him to leverage that. 

Conklin is good but not worth that. No way you pay a tackle not protecting your blind spot that.

Also Conklin is not a great pass blocker to begin with. He is better than Kelly overall (I do think Kelly on the right is a better pass blocker)  but not that much to command this kind of money.

Edited by Titan89