From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

24 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

What the hell was the point of signing Beasley for 10 million dollars then?

clowney isn't a pure edge rusher like beasley- the best way to use him is to move him around a lot. there are a ton of looks where they'd be able to have them both on the field at the same time.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

clowney isn't a pure edge rusher like beasley- the best way to use him is to move him around a lot. there are a ton of looks where they'd be able to have them both on the field at the same time.

Nvm

Edited by dtait93
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

Agreed, there’s obvious potential for looks where we have a four-man rush with Clowney, Landry, Simmons and Beasley, which sounds pretty fun.

• Like 2

I think with Simmons and Clowney on the inside free ups the edge guys to clean the sacks. Kind of like Fowler did with Aaron Donald. Donald got all the pressure while Fowler ate up the sacks. Neither one at face value will dominate alone and get 15+ sacks but I honestly would be surprised if both Landry and Beasley got 10+ sacks each with Clowney adding another 8+. 

I guess I can understand it if we lock him in to a good rate and with the cap rising each year it'll look even better as the years go on. Even though there are a lot of red flags and question marks with him we don't know if we'll have a chance at a player his level in next year's FA. If the plan was to just cut Casey after this season anyways I understand it, atleast we got something for him and are about to hopefully replace him with a player of similar caliber who's younger.

Fowler at 16M per, Quinn and JPP at 14M per, Beasley (listed on Spotrac) at 12M.  Clowney is probably looking at 18M per?

But that's why I say we have to wait.  We don't know Beasley's contract numbers.. just because he got 9.5M guaranteed, doesn't mean his cap hit is 9.5.  Are the roster, workout bonuses or other LTBE's... which are not guaranteed until they happen, but as likely to be earned, count against the cap?  Or are they performance type bonuses, listed as NLTBE, and won't count on this year's cap (instead carrying over to next year if they are met).  

4 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I also think Beasley May be used as a situational pass rusher & on passing downs we kick Clowney inside. I don’t see a base 4 man front of Clowney Simmons Landry & Beasley we’ll definitely be weak in stopping the run

Well I’m sure that’s what others meant. Clowney wouldn’t play inside full time... They’re obviously not making Jones be a backup in base.

10 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Fowler at 16M per, Quinn and JPP at 14M per, Beasley (listed on Spotrac) at 12M.  Clowney is probably looking at 18M per?

But that's why I say we have to wait.  We don't know Beasley's contract numbers.. just because he got 9.5M guaranteed, doesn't mean his cap hit is 9.5.  Are the roster, workout bonuses or other LTBE's... which are not guaranteed until they happen, but as likely to be earned, count against the cap?  Or are they performance type bonuses, listed as NLTBE, and won't count on this year's cap (instead carrying over to next year if they are met).  

As of now 9.5 is guaranteed so he will count 9.5 against the cap right now being a one year deal. Usually teams write off the other incentives  until it happens in a certain area on their books can’t remember what it’s called but something along the lines of not likely to be earned. Will count if he hits those just not right at this moment from what I understand. With incentives it was like 12ish. Go look at rivers 25 mil 1 year  deal on the colts he counts all 25 mil against it the cap because it’s guaranteed. 

Edited by Adamc89

1 minute ago, Adamc89 said:

As of now 9.5 is guaranteed so he will count 9.5 against the cap right now being a one year deal. Usually teams write off the other incentives  until it happens in a certain area on their books can’t remember what it’s called but something along the lines of not likely to be earned. Will count if he hits those just not right at this moment from what I understand. 

So again, it depends on the contract.  If they're simpe LTBE's, they'll count immediately.  If they're NLTBE's the won't... Any adjustments are made to the following year's cap.  So once they release details, we'll know if the cap hit is 9.5M, 12M, or somewhere in between.  

Spotrac, who are great with cap numbers, and usually... spot... on, don't have the breakdown available on cap hit, but have this:

"Vic Beasley signed a 1 year, $12,000,000 contract with the Tennessee Titans, including $9,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $12,000,000. In 2020, Beasley will earn, while carrying a cap hit of ."

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tennessee-titans/vic-beasley-16732/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

So again, it depends on the contract.  If they're simpe LTBE's, they'll count immediately.  If they're NLTBE's the won't... Any adjustments are made to the following year's cap.  So once they release details, we'll know if the cap hit is 9.5M, 12M, or somewhere in between.  

Spotrac, who are great with cap numbers, and usually... spot... on, don't have the breakdown available on cap hit, but have this:

"Vic Beasley signed a 1 year, $12,000,000 contract with the Tennessee Titans, including $9,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $12,000,000. In 2020, Beasley will earn, while carrying a cap hit of ."

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tennessee-titans/vic-beasley-16732/

Didn’t notice it was you who said it. Lol. Thought it was someone random implying it could be less than 9.5 as I scanned over the post which didn’t make sense how it could be less. Only reason I commented should’ve looked closer at the name. Glad you clarified the likely and not likely to be earned. Pk has argued for years it all counted the same year so glad for the clarification. 

On 2/28/2019 at 9:54 AM, KingTitan said:

From the Guy:

Za'Darius Smith and Tyrell Williams are looking to be the two big ticket free agent targets of FA. 

This is last years from a guy. Missed on these as well but the Indy post he got pretty accurate I’ll share it next. 

8 minutes ago, Adamc89 said:

Didn’t notice it was you who said it. Lol. Thought it was someone random implying it could be less than 9.5 as I scanned over the post which didn’t make sense how it could be less. Only reason I commented should’ve looked closer at the name. Glad you clarified the likely and not likely to be earned. Pk has argued for years it all counted the same year so glad for the clarification. 

Its' cool.  I just have a background with contracts, so I try to clear up whenever I can.  I typically try to understand moves from the side of the FO since they are the ones making the calls.  I've had a hard time with RT's this year (only because of the gurantees, really)... and the Casey one I don't fully understand yet, since the message seems to be going all in to win it this year.