From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

Nothing major and may have already been mentioned but my guy of the guy has told me they are listening to offers for Corey Davis and would not be surprised if he is traded during draft. Haven't gotten any substantial offers yet though.

Also said are probably going to take WR high.

Gave me nothing on Clowney.

• Like 2

On 4/4/2020 at 10:39 AM, Justin615$ said:

Nothing major and may have already been mentioned but my guy of the guy has told me they are listening to offers for Corey Davis and would not be surprised if he is traded during draft. Haven't gotten any substantial offers yet though.

Also said are probably going to take WR high.

Gave me nothing on Clowney.

Whether it's this offseason or the next, we're really going to miss Corey's blocking

I think he can thrive elsewhere...somewhere with a high-volume passing attack...but once AJ arrived, we just saw what a "natural" WR looks like. Not that Corey isn't a good WR, because he is...it all just comes so much easier to AJ. Corey is a high character guy, though, and a hard worker. If he would take a team friendly deal, I wouldn't have any issue with him as our #2

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Whether it's this offseason or the next, we're really going to miss Corey's blocking

I think he can thrive elsewhere...somewhere with a high-volume passing attack...but once AJ arrived, we just saw what a "natural" WR looks like. Not that Corey isn't a good WR, because he is...it all just comes so much easier to AJ. Corey is a high character guy, though, and a hard worker. If he would take a team friendly deal, I wouldn't have any issue with him as our #2

Lewan & Henry also said Corey played with turf toe this year & was in a lot of pain.. therefore I really want to see him for at least another year. 

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

Lewan & Henry also said Corey played with turf toe this year & was in a lot of pain.. therefore I really want to see him for at least another year. 

true, true

I mean the guy definitely belongs in the NFL. I think he'd be an absolute beast in the right offense, probably one that predicates getting him the ball consistently every single game because when he gets a lot of targets, he tends to produce on them. I just don't think his number gets called very often here, which I personally don't agree with, but there's clearly SOME reason why that the coaches know about.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

From the guy.  
(Hard to get info from them, since they not in the building)

"Clowney to the Titans is still the word. Titans are his 1st choice."
"WR will be picked earlier than some would imagine. SPEED is the key word there."

Definitely thought that would be an option.

• Like 1

this isn't gonna happen because he's going top 15 at worst, but i'd lose it if we got henry ruggs. he's officially my draft crush. he's both more polished and more physical than any of the speed burners to come out in recent years- would fit right in here and make our offense genuinely scary.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

this isn't gonna happen because he's going top 15 at worst, but i'd lose it if we got henry ruggs. he's officially my draft crush. he's both more polished and more physical than any of the speed burners to come out in recent years- would fit right in here and make our offense genuinely scary.

I'm with you. This is what I wrote back on January 24th in our college prospects thread...

It's not the biggest need but if he falls to our pick or close it, I think we should be all in on Henry Ruggs. His speed is rare, Tyreek Hill like. Would add a whole different dimension to our offense.

This is all moot though because I highly doubt he'll fall even close to our pick. Especially after he lights up the combine.

4 hours ago, KingTitan said:

From the guy.  
(Hard to get info from them, since they not in the building)

"Clowney to the Titans is still the word. Titans are his 1st choice."
"WR will be picked earlier than some would imagine. SPEED is the key word there."

Sounds like Reagor or Mims to me based off of the visits 

43 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

We have a run heavy, heavy TE use offense and we want to draft a WR with one of our higher picks when Brown, Davis and Humphries are already on the roster?

Maybe they want to open it up more this season. Maybe the long term plan isn’t keeping Henry so which one is it for you? Plus Davis is likely gone after this season.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

20 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Maybe they want to open it up more this season. Maybe the long term plan isn’t keeping Henry so which one is it for you? Plus Davis is likely gone after this season.

If you want to open it up more this season you don't waste $10m on keeping Henry around(and don't go on and on about how the plan is a long term deal for Henry). You instead spend that money elsewhere and get a much cheaper(maybe even draft) RB. And while they were one year, relatively inexpensive deals you also probably don't bother bringing back both Firkser and Pruitt. With those moves it seems pretty clear they want to use 3 TEs a decent bit again.

If Davis walks after this year you replace him next year. You don't spend a top 3 round pick on a WR that is gonna be 4th on the depth chart when this team has bigger needs. Hell, even if we didn't have any pressing needs the logic behind drafting a #4 WR that high is just asinine.

Brown, Davis, Humphries, Smith, Firkser are all anywhere from very good to decent receiving options for the team. Raymond is a good enough #4. Draft some guy late or sign some street FA to be the 5th option/guy on the practice squad.

Hell we lost Humphries for a good chunk of late last season and the offense still put up really good numbers, so it's not like we're reliant on some top tier 4th option for the offense to go.

Edge

CB

DL

IOL Depth

Backup QB

Are all things that are bigger needs than WR.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

If you want to open it up more this season you don't waste $10m on keeping Henry around(and don't go on and on about how the plan is a long term deal for Henry). You instead spend that money elsewhere and get a much cheaper(maybe even draft) RB. And while they were one year, relatively inexpensive deals you also probably don't bother bringing back both Firkser and Pruitt. With those moves it seems pretty clear they want to use 3 TEs a decent bit again.

If Davis walks after this year you replace him next year. You don't spend a top 3 round pick on a WR that is gonna be 4th on the depth chart when this team has bigger needs. Hell, even if we didn't have any pressing needs the logic behind drafting a #4 WR that high is just asinine.

Brown, Davis, Humphries, Smith, Firkser are all anywhere from very good to decent receiving options for the team. Raymond is a good enough #4. Draft some guy late or sign some street FA to be the 5th option/guy on the practice squad.

Hell we lost Humphries for a good chunk of late last season and the offense still put up really good numbers, so it's not like we're reliant on some top tier 4th option for the offense to go.

Edge

CB

DL

IOL Depth

Backup QB

Are all things that are bigger needs than WR.

I agree with everything this man said. A wise man once said only a fool argues wit what makes sense..