From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

• 6 months later...

After requests...I sent out requests from The Guy. Normally i just sit back and get what i get. lol
But a "You UP?"  message was sent to make sure I wasn't forgotten about. 

From The Guy:
"Nothing of note. Robinson is looking into things like always to see who is available. He isn't afraid to make a trade, but has to be right. Gilmore doesn't appear to be in play at all."

"looked into players on the Jets, Broncos,  and even the Texans."

7 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

After requests...I sent out requests from The Guy. Normally i just sit back and get what i get. lol

From The Guy:
"Nothing of note. Robinson is looking into things like always to see who is available. He isn't afraid to make a trade, but has to be right. Gilmore doesn't appear to be in play at all."

Bring me JJ.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

From The Guy:

I was at work and couldn’t post my thoughts in time before this post about Gilmore

I don’t think the Titans ever try and get him but I think they should 

I’m not gonna drive my self crazy hoping we get him 

All I will say is I use to say we have to build ourselves to be able to beat the Pats because the Pats were the standard 

We beat the Pats now the focus is on teams like KC Bal and Pit

Titans need better CB’s there’s just no way around it

Adoree Butler Fulton Joseph Smith just arnt enough 

Gilmore would put our defense in a great position to keep up with those teams 

I feel the Titans have a few year window to win with this core 

I hope JRob doesn’t sit back and watch other guys move 

I feel like Gilmore would be the guy to put us over the top but they need to be looking at other options if it’s not Gilmore 

36 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

From The Guy:

Saw someone mention it on Twitter, but Brian Poole seems like a good match. Quality nickel with more athleticism than JJ/Tye Smith. Not a big move, but would be cheap and helpful.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Saw someone mention it on Twitter, but Brian Poole seems like a good match. Quality nickel with more athleticism than JJ/Tye Smith. Not a big move, but would be cheap and helpful.

That's the key.  It has to be a cheap move to make sense.

You can't sell out the remaining years on the window to go hard on this one.

Still feel like they can find a way to trade for Gilmore. Speaking just contract wise, he has two years left I believe. His contract next year basically replaces Butler because Butler should be the easy cut candidate after this season. Obviously the compensation has to be right but a 2nd and another pick later in the draft should be an easy decision. An elite CB fixes a lot in this defense.