KingTitan

From "The Guy of the Guy"

7 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I still don’t think Mularkeys job is 100% safe there still wasn’t a big ringing endorsement in AAS statement 

That’s cause it’s safe under a few conditions, here’s how it will play out, Titans will offer Mularkey a 2yr ext if he make improvements on staff that will develop Mariota & the talented invested in this offense, if mularkey decline to fire Robiskie then he’s gone 

Because it's variations of the Earhardt-Perkins offense. Just like the spread, up tempo offense we've shown vs SF, LAR and KC has always been in Mularkey's playbook despite being drastically different than what we've generally showed under him, and just like every other team has those 3 TE, jumbo/bunch heavy sets that we over use. The Patriots offense runs whatever best suites its personnel regardless of who the OC is because Brady is capable of attacking every level of the field with similar accuracy. Pats/Brady threw 42 deep passes last year(9.72% of his passes were deep). They threw 72 this year(12.39% of his passes). What's the difference? Brandon Cooks, mostly.

Andy Reid didn't completely change his offensive scheme when he had to play Nick Foles over Alex Smith, or when he had to play Jeff Garcia or AJ Feely over Donovan McNabb just because the QBs replacing Smith/McNabb are less mobile, he simply used different plays/play types in his playbook more often to compensate for the difference in play style.

The Patriots, regardless of whether it's Weiss, O'Brien or McDaniels have suited their offense to the weapons they have available. It's all the Earhardt-Perkins system regardless, though.

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

Because it's variations of the Earhardt-Perkins offense. Just like the spread, up tempo offense we've shown vs SF, LAR and KC has always been in Mularkey's playbook despite being drastically different than what we've generally showed under him, and just like every other team has those 3 TE, jumbo/bunch heavy sets that we over use. The Patriots offense runs whatever best suites its personnel regardless of who the OC is because Brady is capable of attacking every level of the field with similar accuracy. Pats/Brady threw 42 deep passes last year(9.72% of his passes were deep). They threw 72 this year(12.39% of his passes). What's the difference? Brandon Cooks, mostly.

Andy Reid didn't completely change his offensive scheme when he had to play Nick Foles over Alex Smith, or when he had to play Jeff Garcia or AJ Feely over Donovan McNabb just because the QBs replacing Smith/McNabb are less mobile, he simply used different plays/play types in his playbook more often to compensate for the difference in play style.

The Patriots, regardless of whether it's Weiss, O'Brien or McDaniels have suited their offense to the weapons they have available. It's all the Earhardt-Perkins system regardless, though.

Whatever you say, like I said the only merit is both weis & McDaniels come from NE. Wise yrs wit NE the offense relied on a run game & more of play action. You’re trying to compare weis & McDaniel but it’s not valid because it’s 2 different offenses, the only thing is fact is Tom Brady QB both offenses. When McDaniels became coordinator the patriots offense wasn’t the same, different principles it even says it in the link you post. 

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

Whatever you say, like I said the only merit is both weis & McDaniels come from NE. Wise yrs wit NE the offense relied on a run game & more of play action. You’re trying to compare weis & McDaniel but it’s not valid because it’s 2 different offenses, the only thing is fact is Tom Brady QB both offenses. When McDaniels became coordinator the patriots offense wasn’t the same, different principles it even says it in the link you post. 

Yes, it's different principles in the same system. As I noted with the pretty big difference in deep passes this year, the Patriots(and sure this is credit to McDaniels as well, but it's what they've done every time their personnel has changed under Belichick/Brady) run whatever suites their personnel, but it's all out of the Earhardt-Perkins system.

Last year Gronk was hurt a good bit(only got to play in 8 games) and there was no Cooks-like player, so they reduced deep passing. Not a change in system, just a change in the play calls they used in the same system.

We have an example of the same system but using different play calls on the defensive side of the ball with LeBeau. He created the zone blitz scheme, but has often run man here instead. He didn't scrap his zone blitz scheme/system, he's just using more of the man coverage out of his playbook than most years past.

A change in tendencies is not a change in system. Like I said with our recent surge of spread, up tempo offense, I assure you Mularkey and Robiskie didn't just install that entire package heading in to the San Fran game..they've had it ever since they've been here. They're just finally properly adapting and using it more now, like they should have been doing whenever they finally figured out our run game was no where near as good as last year's instead of waiting until there was 3 weeks left in the season.

21 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Yes, it's different principles in the same system. As I noted with the pretty big difference in deep passes this year, the Patriots(and sure this is credit to McDaniels as well, but it's what they've done every time their personnel has changed under Belichick/Brady) run whatever suites their personnel, but it's all out of the Earhardt-Perkins system.

Last year Gronk was hurt a good bit(only got to play in 8 games) and there was no Cooks-like player, so they reduced deep passing. Not a change in system, just a change in the play calls they used in the same system.

We have an example of the same system but using different play calls on the defensive side of the ball with LeBeau. He created the zone blitz scheme, but has often run man here instead. He didn't scrap his zone blitz scheme/system, he's just using more of the man coverage out of his playbook than most years past.

A change in tendencies is not a change in system. Like I said with our recent surge of spread, up tempo offense, I assure you Mularkey and Robiskie didn't just install that entire package heading in to the San Fran game..they've had it ever since they've been here. They're just finally properly adapting and using it more now, like they should have been doing whenever they finally figured out our run game was no where near as good as last year's instead of waiting until there was 3 weeks left in the season.

When have you seen the patriots run a 2 back system or wit 2 WR & 1 TE personnel ? 2003 & 2004. Under McDaniels they’re a spread attack offense, but depending on defense he faces they’ll pound the rock, or 2 TE, but for the most part they’re a spread offense where Tom Brady loves to work the middle of the field wit either gronk, or eldeman. The offense isn’t the same. Hasn’t even look the same

Just now, TitanRedd said:

When have you seen the patriots run a 2 back system or wit 2 WR & 1 TE personnel ? 2003 & 2004. Under McDaniels they’re a spread attack offense, but depending on defense he faces they’ll pound the rock, or 2 TE, but for the most part they’re a spread offense where Tom Brady loves to work the middle of the field wit either gronk, or eldeman. The offense isn’t the same. Hasn’t even look the same

"When have the Patriots run 2 wr 1 te personnel"

"Yeah they'll do it this time but when"

Do you not realize you're contradicting yourself in your own argument?

The Patriots run variations of the Earhardt-Perkins system, and the variation they use relies on their personnel. Just as the spread, up tempo offense we've run is still Mike Mularkey and Terry Robiskie's offense, despite all the 2 te/jumbo sets you've seen us run over and over(and in to the ground).

As you were literally just shown on Saturday, the same offensive system can look drastically different depending on what plays you call. That does not mean the system changes.

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

"When have the Patriots run 2 wr 1 te personnel"

"Yeah they'll do it this time but when"

Do you not realize you're contradicting yourself in your own argument?

The Patriots run variations of the Earhardt-Perkins system, and the variation they use relies on their personnel. Just as the spread, up tempo offense we've run is still Mike Mularkey and Terry Robiskie's offense, despite all the 2 te/jumbo sets you've seen us run over and over(and in to the ground).

As you were literally just shown on Saturday, the same offensive system can look drastically different depending on what plays you call. That does not mean the system changes.

I’m saying the system you saying the patriots ran under weis, the patriots hasn’t ran that system in years far as a base offense. Every since McDaniels been OC they’ve been a spread you out air attack team. Under weis they were a run oriented play action run the ball to setup the pass offense. The only time you’ll see NE run that offense is if they Gronk or Eldeman is hurt & their opponent can’t stop the run. 

Just now, TitanRedd said:

I’m saying the system you saying the patriots ran under weis, the patriots hasn’t ran that system in years far as a base offense. Every since McDaniels been OC they’ve been a spread you out air attack team. Under weis they were a run oriented play action run the ball to setup the pass offense. The only time you’ll see NE run that offense is if they Gronk or Eldeman is hurt & their opponent can’t stop the run. 

So what are you arguing about? I've literally said over and over they run different variations of the earhardt-perkins system based on their personnel. You're arguing with me saying exactly what I've said?

For you to argue that it’s the same offense just different principles is false. The patriots offense has been completely transformed since then. Give McDaniels his credit he took the foundation of what Weis left & remolded it, into his on & made it better, how is that the man can develop QB’s built around a QB skill set & Roster personnel. 

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

So what are you arguing about? I've literally said over and over they run different variations of the earhardt-perkins system based on their personnel. You're arguing with me saying exactly what I've said?

That’s not the Earnhardt perkins offense it even says it the link you posted,  it’s like you’re saying when the patriots run the ball or go play action once in a while oh that’s the Earnhardt perkins offense, ??‍♂️ That’s this case we & half the NFL that are run 1st team working play action is the Earnhardt perkins offense. It’s the McDaniels offense. The patriots got away from that system in 05. 

12 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

But honestly i see your point just messing wit you, I’m pump l honestly feel we’re going to upset NE & hell bout to freeze over 

From.the Guy. 

Not HC related.....

A discussion has made light that Henry has no plans on being quiet about splitting the carries going into next year.  He wants to play and had a very "vocal" discussion with teammates and his agent about wanting to play. 

The thought is the coaches are still somewhat committed to Murray. They value his blocking and football IQ. 

Could be an issue going forward if the commitment to Henry isn't concrete. 

As always, rumor from the Guy. 

Just now, KingTitan said:

From.the Guy. 

Not HC related.....

A discussion has made light that Henry has no plans on being quiet about splitting the carries going into next year.  He wants to play and had a very "vocal" discussion with teammates and his agent about wanting to play. 

The thought is the coaches are still somewhat committed to Murray. They value his blocking and football IQ. 

Could be an issue going forward if the commitment to Henry isn't concrete. 

As always, rumor from the Guy. 

For all his weaknesses as a back, henry isn't wrong. It's time for him to be the guy 

no disrespect to demarco, but he just doesn't add any value to the team as a RUNNER anymore