From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

I got a text late last night/early this morning....Been sitting on it most of the day because I feel some type of way passing some of it along, just because i have no idea how accurate it is. Even though he has had some success with his info, also some misses.

Well take it for what it's worth....stuff from a guy of a guy....

Summarizing from The Guy of The Guy:

The overall thing is that Vrabel fit in like a glove. Wilks was a great guy. The feeling is Wilks' staff would be a more traditional staff, while Vrabel would mix with college and Pro coaches. 

Vrabel was very personable. Charismatic and appeared as a sincere and genuine person.
Wilks also very personable, but didn't have the same feel as Vrabel. (Maybe interview fatigue?)

The feeling is the meeting with Vrabel was almost natural. They didn't appear to talk like one was interviewing, more like catching up and brainstorming (at least what was visible)  Robinson and Vrabel are thinking exactly the same. From the way they want to gameplan to the the type of football players they want. 
Said it was weird. Wilks overall is a great candidate and had just as many positives as Vrabel but Vrabel just felt like a fit, culture wise and building wise.

Sidenote: Murmurs about luring Lafleur here as an OC. 

As always take it as entertaining rumor...not the gospel. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

I got a text late last night/early this morning....Been sitting on it most of the day because I feel some type of way passing some of it along, just because i have no idea how accurate it is. Even though he has had some success with his info, also some misses.

Well take it for what it's worth....stuff from a guy of a guy....

Summarizing from The Guy of The Guy:

The overall thing is that Vrabel fit in like a glove. Wilks was a great guy. The feeling is Wilks' staff would be a more traditional staff, while Vrabel would mix with college and Pro coaches. 

Vrabel was very personable. Charismatic and appeared as a sincere and genuine person.
Wilks also very personable, but didn't have the same feel as Vrabel. (Maybe interview fatigue?)

The feeling is the meeting with Vrabel was almost natural. They didn't appear to talk like one was interviewing, more like catching up and brainstorming (at least what was visible)  Robinson and Vrabel are thinking exactly the same. From the way they want to gameplan to the the type of football players they want. 
Said it was weird. Wilks overall is a great candidate and had just as many positives as Vrabel but Vrabel just felt like a fit, culture wise and building wise.

Sidenote: Murmurs about luring Lafleur here as an OC. 

As always take it as entertaining rumor...not the gospel. 

Was going to say this morning, my gut is telling me that Vrabel will be the guy

Also, I personally think that Robinson is waiting for the games on Sunday to interview anyone else.

The 3 Eagles guys, Patriot guys and maybe Edwards from Vikings.  I think he calls in one or two of those guys and then that's it. Whoever wins, won't be in consideration. I don't think he waits till after super bowl to hire a guy. 

I think Vrabel is the leader, but come be beaten out by either of the Eagles 3 and one of the Patriots.

9 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Also, I personally think that Robinson is waiting for the games on Sunday to interview anyone else.

The 3 Eagles guys, Patriot guys and maybe Edwards from Vikings.  I think he calls in one or two of those guys and then that's it. Whoever wins, won't be in consideration. I don't think he waits till after super bowl to hire a guy. 

I think Vrabel is the leader, but come be beaten out by either of the Eagles 3 and one of the Patriots.

i'd agree with this, i think. i suspected vrabel would impress, since everything said about vrabel seems to vibe with what robinson has said he wants. i'm still much less concerned with his lack of experience than the fact that his defense was pretty bad this year, but i did recently read that mike mccarthy's offense was apparently dead last in the NFL the year before he got hired by the packers. in addition, mike tomlin's one year at DC in minnesota produced a defense that was best against the run but dead last against the pass. it's all just kind of a crapshoot, lol

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 615finest said:

So maybe us “interviewing” LaFleur is is trying to lure him to be our OC.

Vrabel would bring a mix of College and pro coaches? Who is he connected to

After reading the text. I went and just looked at his Twitter and who he is following.

Not that he is close to any of those guys, but he is following them for a reason. So he either knows them, admires their work or is connected to the program enough to wanna follow them. 
Minnesota (Corey Davis old Head coach) so maybe guys from there
Ohio State ( Use to coach on the staff.)
University of Washington
Boston College ( I believe he has a son there now or going there)
North Dakota State
Mississippi State
University of Cincinnati
University of Maryland
University of Ohio
Bryant University
University of Michigan
Mike Kafka- Assistant Offensive Coach for Chiefs
Stanford University
Texas State (QB Coach/Offensive Coordinator)
University of Houtson
University of Illinois 
Rutgers
Iowa State
Florida State
Temple University

13 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I hate how we are even talking about the possibility of interviewing Jim Schwartz for this job

I'd be shocked and disappointed if Jonny Rob hired him

Any chance this interview is coming from AAS as a courtesy to Schwartz type of thing? I know that the firing of Mularkey and everything this week points to AAS being not as involved, but maybe she is doing Schwartz a favor giving him a HC interview?

Just now, tntitans4life17 said:

Any chance this interview is coming from AAS as a courtesy to Schwartz type of thing? I know that the firing of Mularkey and everything this week points to AAS being not as involved, but maybe she is doing Schwartz a favor giving him a HC interview?

I don't think it's a given that Schwartz is even getting an interview. I think it's people just guessing.  I think the Eagles guys are more of interest if anything.