From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

19 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

But if that's all you can do and then doesn't do that effectively by catching the ball how much a threat is he?

I mean he isn't like Devin Hester fast. He is fast, but not fast enough were the average NFL corner can't cover him on a go route or a post route.

I dunno. I'm all for seeing if you can get an OG or another rusher for him.

I think he is fast enough where an average corner cannot cover him, we've seen it before (Colts '17, Jets '18, Ravens '18 games)...but then again, it's not a common thing. But he can get deep

If we can get another Dennis Kelly -- meaning a reliable backup/spot starter -- at OL/Rusher, then yea. But those don't grow on trees. I'd almost be more inclined to keep him and give him one last chance.

Taywan Taylor ran a 4.50 40.

I understand 40 time and football speed aren't the same thing, but I'd wager Taylor isn't any faster than Corey Davis on the field, and in terms of track/40 speed, he's the pretty much the exact same speed as AJ Brown(4.49).

As another comparison, while Delanie isn't as fast as he was when he came in to the league, he ran a 4.54 coming out of college. Adam Humphries ran a 4.53.

If Taylor's best attribute is his top end speed, he doesn't have much to be hanging his hat on, nor is it anything our team doesn't already have something similar to.

I would argue his best attribute is how shifty he can be in the open field. Problem is that he's not good enough to consistently get open/get in to the open field.

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

Taywan Taylor ran a 4.50 40.

I understand 40 time and football speed aren't the same thing, but I'd wager Taylor isn't any faster than Corey Davis on the field, and in terms of track/40 speed, he's the pretty much the exact same speed as AJ Brown(4.49).

As another comparison, while Delanie isn't as fast as he was when he came in to the league, he ran a 4.54 coming out of college. Adam Humphries ran a 4.53.

If Taylor's best attribute is his top end speed, he doesn't have much to be hanging his hat on, nor is it anything our team doesn't already have something similar to.

I would argue his best attribute is how shifty he can be in the open field. Problem is that he's not good enough to consistently get open/get in to the open field.

Taylor also ran a unofficial 4.45 his & has astonishing quickness 6.57 in 3 come drill yea but he can’t catch so that’s irrelevant 😩🤷🏽‍♂️

Always get excited when this thread is at the top!!

If they’re trying to ship him out, is that a sign they are trying to keep Raymond? I’m pretty sure he is faster then Taylor if you’re worried about having somebody to take the top off the defense

1 hour ago, 615finest said:

Always get excited when this thread is at the top!!

If they’re trying to ship him out, is that a sign they are trying to keep Raymond? I’m pretty sure he is faster then Taylor if you’re worried about having somebody to take the top off the defense

He may be straight line fast than Taylor, but what makes Taylor nice is that he has elite quickness he can really separate though his route running needs some fine tuning the guy just can’t catch 😩 it hurts I was really hoping he became our Derrick Mason & that Corey Davis became everything we imagined Kenny Britt would be.. 

• Like 1