From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

• 1 month later...
Just now, TitanSS said:

I don't think they cut him mid-season. I expected him to be cut this off-season.

Trading I could see happening before the deadline, but I don't think anyone will want him.

Ya he got paid decent money for a backup RB I don’t see a lot of teams wanting to take that contract on unless another team wants us to take on a similar bad contract 

We don't run routes with the RBs in general really. We do, obviously, but it's not as often as other teams. I think that's something Mularkey figured out, needing to leave the RB in the protect for Mariota because he's always been a little skittish around pressure. . Mularkey mentioned getting the RBs more involved in the passing game in 2017, not sure if it happened.

As bad as our OL is leaving then in, can you imagine if we ran a lot of 5 man protections?

Edited by TitanSS

26 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Ya he got paid decent money for a backup RB I don’t see a lot of teams wanting to take that contract on unless another team wants us to take on a similar bad contract 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tennessee-titans/dion-lewis-7868/#

Here says there is a potential out for 2020 so someone could get out of the contract it seems. 

Don't know how that would benefit anyone other than Titans. 

18 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tennessee-titans/dion-lewis-7868/#

Here says there is a potential out for 2020 so someone could get out of the contract it seems. 

Don't know how that would benefit anyone other than Titans. 

On trades, the trading team assumes all money's paid (SBs etc)... All those prorated amounts hit that team's cap, so as long as there is no future guaranteed money, the contract carries no penalties for the trade for cutting the player. 

In Dions case, the Titans would carry a million plus in dead money on next years cap, with the new team owing him only salaries and roster bonuses if they keep him. No dead hits if cut. 

• Like 1