From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

Saw someone mention it on Twitter, but Brian Poole seems like a good match. Quality nickel with more athleticism than JJ/Tye Smith. Not a big move, but would be cheap and helpful.

Yeah Gilmore is a problem because of this year's cap space and need to resign some of our guys. More of the problem is this year. I think we only have like $7 million this year so a move for Gilmore or anyone with a higher number then it would eat up our cap. 
Cheap is the key. Maybe a move for a 4th-5th round pick and at most $4 million cap hit. 

I don't think we will bring back Clowney nor Beasley.  I can actually see them cutting Beasley if it clears up any cap.

19 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Still feel like they can find a way to trade for Gilmore. Speaking just contract wise, he has two years left I believe. His contract next year basically replaces Butler because Butler should be the easy cut candidate after this season. Obviously the compensation has to be right but a 2nd and another pick later in the draft should be an easy decision. An elite CB fixes a lot in this defense. 

I have a hard time thinking a 2nd and a later pick get gilmore when ramsey just went for 2 1st's and a 2nd i believe. Gilmore might be too expensive for our taste...

19 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah Gilmore is a problem because of this year's cap space and need to resign some of our guys. More of the problem is this year. I think we only have like $7 million this year so a move for Gilmore or anyone with a higher number then it would eat up our cap. 
Cheap is the key. Maybe a move for a 4th-5th round pick and at most $4 million cap hit. 

I don't think we will bring back Clowney nor Beasley.  I can actually see them cutting Beasley if it clears up any cap.

It wont. his contract was fully guranteed at signing i believe.

I will be pissed off if  Robinson doesn't make a move. Baltimore,chiefs,Tampa and now Seattle added players to their rosters. These are winning record teams and I don't buy this BS  about cap of whatever. We are built to win now and this defense ain't taking us to the promise land. 

Midnight text

"They trying not to make an emotional decisions but expecting a defensive shakeup"

*Players on defense don't believe in what they are doing. Biggest change from last year. They believe in the scheme. Not now."

A defensive leader: This *expletive* ain't working. And I don't think they know how to fix it"

As always take it as rumor. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Midnight text

"They trying not to make an emotional decisions but expecting a defensive shakeup"

*Players on defense don't believe in what they are doing. Biggest change from last year. They believe in the scheme. Not now."

A defensive leader: This *expletive* ain't working. And I don't think they know how to fix it"

it’s clear on the field that the players don’t believe in or understand (or both lol) the scheme. we’ve got a bunch of dudes who made a name for themselves by being fast and physical playing slow and soft as hell.

good to hear change is possibly coming but just really bleak that it’s gotten to this point. totally wasting an entire year of our window with prime tanny and henry.

1am thought: why not relieve bowen of playcalling duties and give haslett a go? plenty of nfl DC experience and frankly there’s nowhere to go but up.

the problem of course is that it’s impossible to know how much of this is bowen and how much is vrabel. but if we trust that bowen is the playcaller then that seems like step 1 to me.

that or vrabel has to have a come to jesus talk with dean pees just like henry did with eddie george lmao

Edited by -Hope-

5 hours ago, -Hope- said:

1am thought: why not relieve bowen of playcalling duties and give haslett a go? plenty of nfl DC experience and frankly there’s nowhere to go but up.

the problem of course is that it’s impossible to know how much of this is bowen and how much is vrabel. but if we trust that bowen is the playcaller then that seems like step 1 to me.

that or vrabel has to have a come to jesus talk with dean pees just like henry did with eddie george lmao

Remember when the Ravens made the switch from Cam Cameron to Jim Caldwell and it not only saved their season, it led to a Super Bowl. Let’s hope we have our defensive equivalent of Caldwell on our team(Haslett??? Pees coming for half a season to be a defensive consultant????) 

The problem/fear I have is that this is Vrabel’s defense, no matter who we get to call plays. Judging by his time as the Texans DC, he’s not exactly a beacon when it comes to running a defense.

7 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Midnight text

Biggest line here is “I don’t think they know how to fix it”.

wonder who it is the players have the biggest beef with. No Pees, no Coombs and no McKenzie from last year.

it has to be Bowen, right? Vrabel’s prodigy?

I’ll believe the defensive shake up when I see it 

I love Vrabel but he’s stubborn at times 

He flat out sat yesterday the fact there is no DC isn’t the problem 

He consistently makes excuses for his buddy Gostkowski 

Theres a lot of good with Vrabel I support almost everything he does 

But something needs to change here and he needs to make some moves