From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

My own opinion:

yeah Arthur is gone. 
He won't turn down a job. He has wanted this chance and he is going for it. 

Like I said earlier, I see Watt as a "wouldn't mind having" player. They aren't going to sell the farm to get him. They need a vet on the line that can produce somewhat. Watt still has some good plays in him. 2 year deal maybe.

In house hire would likely be the road taken for OC. Obviously we have a nice formula and system. I'd assume Vrabel would want to stick with that or bring in someone with those beliefs. I wouldn't foresee us all the sudden going 5 wide all day.  I'd worry about someone as even keel as Smith as a playcaller. I'll give him credit there, he stays with what he knows through good and bad.  We've seen it work and seen it fail.

DC- I can't see how they let things stay as they are. LBs have under performed and the Defense as a whole has failed. When you evaluate that, you have to make a change if you are the type of coach Vrabel preaches to be.  Do I think Shane will be fired? Naw. I can just see him pushed back to OLB or made full time DC. No more split. 
Because it's not the DC fault when you call for a double team and the players get beat. Happened with Adams, Happened again with Cooks and fooled once more with the flea flicker.  Players are not doing their job. But at same time, a good DC helps them do their job.

In my opinion, adding someone like Patricia can only help. He has proven to be a good DC. Some of us wanted him as a HC a while back. He was in over his head as a HC and from what I hear wasn't true to himself, turned "cooperate" instead of the rough looking, unshaven guy with a pencil and backwards hat.

I anticipate a better off-season from Robinson.

• Like 1

I am SO GLAD we didn't go the "hot coordinator" route when we hired Vrabel.  His defense sucked in HOU and that was brought up when we were considering him but he has shown he has what it takes to be a HC.  Patricia is a great example of a really good coordinator who is in over his head as HC.  I fear the same will happen to Arthur Smith although I wish him the best.  ATL doesn't seem like a great situation with their cap issues and current roster makeup.

I wish we had some numbers on how newly-minted HCs who were coordinators of top 5 units the year before did in the past 30 years.  Doesn't seem like the record would be that great.

5 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Patricia isn’t a good fit to me. His players hate him and I’m not putting the defensive success in NE on him. Want nothing to do with him.

after reading up on it a little, it seems like people liked him just fine in new england but guys hated him in detroit because he tried to do the BB disciplinarian schtick and took it way overboard. he might be ok at a coordinator level under a strong leader like vrabel. but it's def still a concern

15 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

after reading up on it a little, it seems like people liked him just fine in new england but guys hated him in detroit because he tried to do the BB disciplinarian schtick and took it way overboard. he might be ok at a coordinator level under a strong leader like vrabel. but it's def still a concern

One good thing about hiring him is no one is probably trying to hire him as a HC a few years later 

13 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

One good thing about hiring him is no one is probably trying to hire him as a HC a few years later 

I kinda think that should be our approach for OC. Who’s the biggest failure as a HC with an offensive background?

The worse his tenure in charge, the better.

18 hours ago, galodoido said:

I can't see us paying Watt 15.5 million in 2021 and 17,5 million in 2022 plus whatever picks to Houston

No thanks

exactly... we're trying to get under the cap, not over pay.. i think guys like butler, vaccarro, and humphries are as good as gone next year.. releasing those 3 (and they are they most logical 3 to be released anyway) would make our cap space go from just over 3 million to just over 25 million..

13 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

exactly... we're trying to get under the cap, not over pay.. i think guys like butler, vaccarro, and humphries are as good as gone next year.. releasing those 3 (and they are they most logical 3 to be released anyway) would make our cap space go from just over 3 million to just over 25 million..

why do you all assume we'd be paying him $15 million?  If he is getting traded or even remotely joining this team it would be for a mid round pick and a pay cut.