From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

51 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

The Guy regarding Corey Davis:
"Rumblings Corey is giving thought to joining the Ravens next year. with the Lions close 2nd(would have been first if Arthur went there.) Titans remain first choice if possible."

Anyone but the Ravens please Corey. I really like you & don’t want to hate you

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

The Guy regarding Corey Davis:
"Rumblings Corey is giving thought to joining the Ravens next year. with the Lions close 2nd(would have been first if Arthur went there.) Titans remain first choice if possible."

On 12/14/2020 at 9:50 PM, TitanSlim said:

Before the season I felt Corey Davis was going to the Ravens. If the Titans don’t keep him, they should try everything to get him.

Hmm....🤔

19 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

From the Guy:

Vrabel has talked to Tom Herman about potential interest in jumping to NFL for OC. 

After it came out about our interest in Tony Elliott, I was going to bring up Herman’s name as a guy we may be interesting in. I figured most would be against him though so I didn’t bring it up. Funny that Vrabel indeed does seem interested in him. More proof that we may want to transition into a bit of a Power Spread offense.

Just now, TitanSlim said:

After it came out about our interest in Tony Elliott, I was going to bring up Herman’s name as a guy we may be interesting in. I figured most would be against him though so I didn’t bring it up. Funny that Vrabel indeed does seem interested in him. More proof that we may want to transition into a bit of a Power Spread offense.

I started looking into it and saw they coached together at Ohio State.
Carlos Hyde also was a dominate runner there. 
This (if true) would make 3 times Vrabel has tried to inquire about a "Power Spread" guy to the NFL. (Ryan Day, Tony Elliot and now Tom Herman.

8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I started looking into it and saw they coached together at Ohio State.
Carlos Hyde also was a dominate runner there. 
This (if true) would make 3 times Vrabel has tried to inquire about a "Power Spread" guy to the NFL. (Ryan Day, Tony Elliot and now Tom Herman.

If we were to hire Herman, the dream would be that our offense could mirror that 2014 Ohio St offense from the playoffs. Derrick Henry as our Ezekiel Elliott. Ryan Tannehill as a better version of Cardale Jones and AJ Brown/Corey Davis or Free agent/Adam Humphries, FA or rookie playing the role of Michael Thomas/Devin Smith/Jalin Marshall.

It’d certainly be a polarizing hire.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

If we were to hire Herman, the dream would be that our offense could mirror that 2014 Ohio St offense from the playoffs. Derrick Henry as our Ezekiel Elliott. Ryan Tannehill as a better version of Cardale Jones and AJ Brown/Corey Davis or Free agent/Adam Humphries, FA or rookie playing the role of Michael Thomas/Devin Smith/Jalin Marshall.

It’d certainly be a polarizing hire.

Yeah. Just wonder if Herman feels his shine is gone enough were he take an OC job. Can he still be a HC?  I would imagine he getting a nice buyout would be enough comfort to say let me go head and see what this NFL has to offer.

Downside, he kills it here and gone within a year or two. 
Which could be likely with any hire. Our offense SHOULD be good next year and if Arthur kills it in ATL they will come knocking for the new guy too. 

10 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah. Just wonder if Herman feels his shine is gone enough were he take an OC job. Can he still be a HC?  I would imagine he getting a nice buyout would be enough comfort to say let me go head and see what this NFL has to offer.

I would argue that an NFL OC gig is a promotion from a lot of college head coaching jobs.

And after he didn’t get it at Texas, he’s not getting another top level position anyway.

I mean, which do you think would be a better job for your future: OC of the Tennessee Titans, or head coach at Virginia?