From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

I don't think anyone is arguing that losing Jonnu doesn't make our TE group worse.

But expecting us to make the serious improvements that our D needs to make without losing a little talent on offense while already in cap hell is just plain pie-in-the-sky unrealistic.

Jonnu was doing real good before Lewan got hurt then he got tied up on helping Sambrailo and Quessenberry

We are about to take a hit in the WR department theoretically if we lose Davis

We are going to need TE production to counter losing Davis and Humphries potentially 

I think we need Jonnu back, him and Firk help make up for what we are going to be missing in the passing game 

Suppose to be a deep draft for WRs hopefully the Titans can find a guy to help take pressure off AJ Brown like Davis was able to do 

36 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I don't think anyone is arguing that losing Jonnu doesn't make our TE group worse.

But expecting us to make the serious improvements that our D needs to make without losing a little talent on offense while already in cap hell is just plain pie-in-the-sky unrealistic.

I just don't think we can afford to take our foot off the gas in any way offensively

We were explosive AT TIMES last year. But O laid an egg late against playoff teams in GB and Baltimore. That's telling. Need to continue to improve and evolve on O. Obviously the bad cap situation makes this hard, but the point remains.

In other news^^

10 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I just don't think we can afford to take our foot off the gas in any way offensively

We were explosive AT TIMES last year. But O laid an egg late against playoff teams in GB and Baltimore. That's telling. Need to continue to improve and evolve on O. Obviously the bad cap situation makes this hard, but the point remains.

In other news^^

That would be ideal 

Maybe I'm alone but I'd go higher to get Watt here.  We wasted $15M on Clowney last year.  You think a healthy Watt alongside Simmons would register zero sacks?  Not a chance.  That would be a disruptive line.  He's not over the hill yet and I think he'll prove that next year for the team willing to pay him.

1 minute ago, titanrick said:

Maybe I'm alone but I'd go higher to get Watt here.  We wasted $15M on Clowney last year.  You think a healthy Watt alongside Simmons would register zero sacks?  Not a chance.  That would be a disruptive line.  He's not over the hill yet and I think he'll prove that next year for the team willing to pay him.

I’m all for doing what it takes to get Watt in here 

We still have the draft to draft some help to go along with them 

Maybe could also get a vet like Kerrigan on an affordable deal too

21 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I’m all for doing what it takes to get Watt in here 

We still have the draft to draft some help to go along with them 

Maybe could also get a vet like Kerrigan on an affordable deal too

I think if we get watt on a friendly deal for like 8-10 mill well also resign clowney for like 7 mill. Both sides said they would be opened to deal I recall. 

On 2/26/2021 at 9:16 AM, titans0021 said:

Firkser is in no way a better receiver, he’s just a useless blocker so he’s forced into a slot role. There’s a reason Jonnu’s production plummeted once Lewan went down, of our two receiving capable tight ends, Jonnu was the only one that could also help prevent Tannehill from being murdered.

Firkser is a better WR than Jonnu, I understand Jonnu is more athletic & a freak, but firkser is really a undersized TE/ big slot WR. Firkser can run routes Jonnu can’t. Now Jonnu is a better blocker but look at how the titans use Jonnu, which is like a H Back, how Delanie was used in SF playing behind Vernon Davis or Chris Cooley playing for the redskins. The titans keep it simple with Jonnu because they know what he’s good at & how to get production out his skillset 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Firkser is a better WR than Jonnu, I understand Jonnu is more athletic & a freak, but firkser is really a undersized TE/ big slot WR. Firkser can run routes Jonnu can’t. Now Jonnu is a better blocker but look at how the titans use Jonnu, which is like a H Back, how Delanie was used in SF playing behind Vernon Davis or Chris Cooley playing for the redskins. The titans keep it simple with Jonnu because they know what he’s good at & how to get production out his skillset 

If you think the Titans keep it simple for Jonnu...they keep it even simpler for Firk

Firk is a nice player and good route runner w/ soft hands. Nothing more.

2 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

If you think the Titans keep it simple for Jonnu...they keep it even simpler for Firk

Firk is a nice player and good route runner w/ soft hands. Nothing more.

Correct both points were accurate & they compliment one another weaknesses. But because firkser can run routes & has better hands he’s a better receiver than Jonnu. Jonnu is the better blocker & more athletic, but he can’t run routes at all, every time you see Jonnu catch it, it’s red zone, a gadget play, screen. Hardly you see us have him line up & exploit a LB or S in 1 on 1 coverage having  him run routes. Not his game  

20 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

This is so wrong. Firk is in no way and never will be better than Jonnu as a receiver. Not even close. Jonnu was about to break out hard this season until Lewan went down. 

35 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

This is so wrong. Firk is in no way and never will be better than Jonnu as a receiver. Not even close. Jonnu was about to break out hard this season until Lewan went down. 

Your opinion I’m going with what I see on tape. The titans don’t ask Jonnu to run routes nor use him as a TE, they use him as a H Back which isn’t bad hell Chris Cooley was very good at it putting up 700 yards a season. It’s rare that Jonnu is asked to simply line up run routes & get open. When it comes to asking their TE’s to do that firkser eats into his snaps. Now pardon me for thinking the way I do, but if Jonnu is way better than Firkser why do firkser eats into his snaps when it’s a given Jonnu is a far better blocker than him, which means Jonnu shouldn’t come off the field if he’s the better blocker, route runner, receiver 🤔. Doesn’t make sense 

Edited by TitanRedd
  • Like 1