From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

5 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

Buck Reising (titans reporter and 104.5 the game nashville host for those that dont know him) also is reporting this consistently which furthers the notion that "the guy" is not only the guy.... but a certified DUDE with his reporting..

Oh I see Buck has a show now!  I kinda like him. He is a more likeable version of PK without as much arrogance. I wonder who he talks to...lol

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Oh I see Buck has a show now!  I kinda like him. He is a more likeable version of PK without as much arrogance. I wonder who he talks to...lol

lol probably the guy.. i cant stand PK.. he's so rude its pathetic.

any guy news on the eve of franchise tag day?

Edited by Airness McNairness

52 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

so if we give jonnu 5/45 and corey 4/36., there cap hits each could be around 5-6 million the first year

That would still be enough to blow through almost our entire cap space, without addressing depth signings or the draft.

That's overcommitting resources unless they free up a LOT of money with restructures.  And it would definitely mean spending like every pick in the draft on defense.

6 hours ago, Airness McNairness said:

not if they reach long term deals with those guys. that way, they could have the first year cap hit very low. example, last year derrick signed for 4/50.. an average of 12ish right? he only earned 6 million in the first year of the deal tho. 3 million in salary and 3 in signing bonus.. his cap hit didnt go up until THIS year (2021 season) they did the same with tanny. he was only a 22 million cap hit this year and the same for dennis kelly. 3/21 deal for dennis but the first year cap hit was only 3 million. we could/should do the same with any FA we sign this year. especially with the cap set to go up next year.

so if we give jonnu 5/45 and corey 4/36., there cap hits each could be around 5-6 million the first year

Considering that we currently are projected at 8ish million (with the Wilson trade) in cap space, that's just not likely to happen. And that doesn't even count space for rookie contracts.

Now, we will probably restructure some guys and maybe release a couple more to fain more space. But we need to spend the majority of our resources on defense this year. We may resign one of Corey or Jonnu, but I would be shocked if we bring both back.

On 3/8/2021 at 7:14 PM, Titansfan_13 said:

Considering that we currently are projected at 8ish million (with the Wilson trade) in cap space, that's just not likely to happen. And that doesn't even count space for rookie contracts.

Now, we will probably restructure some guys and maybe release a couple more to fain more space. But we need to spend the majority of our resources on defense this year. We may resign one of Corey or Jonnu, but I would be shocked if we bring both back.

Agreed.  And I think if it's either it's Jonnu.  I just don't see Davis taking the contract he'd have to take for the Titans to re-sign him.  He'll command 10-15 mil a year on the open market, and the Titans just can't afford that.  Jonnu will be much cheaper, but even he would mean limiting our free agency to one splash signing on defense, which really just puts us back to square one there since we released Butler.

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Agreed.  And I think if it's either it's Jonnu.  I just don't see Davis taking the contract he'd have to take for the Titans to re-sign him.  He'll command 10-15 mil a year on the open market, and the Titans just can't afford that.  Jonnu will be much cheaper, but even he would mean limiting our free agency to one splash signing on defense, which really just puts us back to square one there since we released Butler.

It depends how you look at it, yea he can command big money on the open market but at what cost meaning, most teams that have big money to spend have subpar QB play teams with good QB’s are up against the cap I don’t think Davis wants to play with his career going through another mariota situation. I think he just wants a fair deal 

3 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

It depends how you look at it, yea he can command big money on the open market but at what cost meaning, most teams that have big money to spend have subpar QB play teams with good QB’s are up against the cap I don’t think Davis wants to play with his career going through another mariota situation. I think he just wants a fair deal 

Oh yeah, but I think the difference in money would be enormous.  Plus there are teams with good QBs that need receiver help.  A fair deal would kill free agency for us right off the bat.  Let's say we give him a bottom tier deal and he gets 10 mil a year.  That completely eliminates what we did for Butler, and it requires him taking like 2/3 of what he might get elsewhere, and that's a heck of a hometown discount.

Buck said on his show from his sources  Jonnu had knee problems and fear they won’t hold up and aren’t comfortable giving him a long term deal because of a that so he doesn’t see them resigning him. King for sure isn’t coming back he’s said that for weeks from his sources on his prime time show.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

From the Guy:

Free Agent Targets:
Curtis Samuel is a guy they will be in on. 
Mike Hilton
Carl Lawson
Trey Hendrickson
Hassan Reddick

Names heard thrown around:
Ryan Kerrigan
Josh Reynolds
Rashard Higgins
Breshard Perriman

That’s a great target list! I’d love Samuel and Lawson. Throw Hilton in the slot

21 minutes ago, 615finest said:

That’s a great target list! I’d love Samuel and Lawson. Throw Hilton in the slot

I think they will likely get at least one. 
Davis seems to be in and out. I personally don't think Davis comes back. Maaayyyyybe Jonnu. 

I think they shoot for Lawson and land on Hendrickson.

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I think they will likely get at least one. 
Davis seems to be in and out. I personally don't think Davis comes back. Maaayyyyybe Jonnu. 

I think they shoot for Lawson and land on Hendrickson.

I got a feeling Davis is gone. I feel like people are ready to overpay for him. I am fine with that, want to see a mix up at his position. 

I would prefer bringing Jonnu back, I don't know how much money he is going to be thrown, but I hope we can get him on the cheaper side. 

A world where neither comes back seems real possible at this point. I see Jonnu if either out of the two staying. 

Wish this list had some more defensive line beef on it. Hope they are making that a priority. We gotta take some heat off Simmons this year.