From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

21 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i won't be super upset if we take zion or greene at 26 because they're very good players, but to me it would just show that after all these years we're still stuck with some of these retrograde Hurr Durr Establish The Run Football Guy ideas when it comes to building a team. this is such a deep IOL class and it's such a bad value in the first round, but here we are talking about spending a premium pick on an OL for the umpteenth time in how many years...

My big thing with guard is that obviously it’s just not a good position to burn a premium pick on, but also, if it’s such a massive need, why didn’t we at least do better than Jamarco Jones as our vet FA option?

Just now, titans0021 said:

My big thing with guard is that obviously it’s just not a good position to burn a premium pick on, but also, if it’s such a massive need, why didn’t we at least do better than Jamarco Jones as our vet FA option?

because almost every year we are content going into the draft with absolutely massive holes on the roster and figuring that it's all gonna be fine. you should be used to this by now! 😉

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

because almost every year we are content going into the draft with absolutely massive holes on the roster and figuring that it's all gonna be fine. you should be used to this by now! 😉

Let's see what happens. While Vrabel and Jrob haven't been perfect. They tend to eventually show us they have the finger on the pulse, in some sort of way, 😆.

Maybe we get a game changer receiver in the first and fill the guard hole by moving up in the 2nd round. Maybe we get a steal at either position later. Maybe we get a TE that can fill the receiving hole that we are missing on the outside/slot. Maybe we can use those two fourths and two sixths to make something happen.

I think the holes we do have, are very fillable. I am interested to see what we do.

We really won't know the story until these players start hitting the field. Love the draft. Excited that we will be getting a new batch of Titans in the coming days.

Should be fun in here!

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

From the Guy diving deeper:

They love Ridder. But QB at 26 is not likely. 

Zion. Green. Burks

Hoping one of them is there. 

Tyler Smith interest is real. 

Noooooooooooooo. Just made a post saying this is who I would bet on ust aking and I hate it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Clarification with Burks. They love him but him at 26 isn't a lock. Concerns about his rawness running routes. Just something that he'd need to improve. 

Yeah I'm not really excited with him for this reason. I easily see him becoming Shenault in the NFL when even the linebackers are as athletic as him.

3 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Yeah I'm not really excited with him for this reason. I easily see him becoming Shenault in the NFL when even the linebackers are as athletic as him.

A lot of these guys need to adjust. Which is why someone like Rondale Moore has a learning curve outside of bubble screens.
Also why interest in someone like David Bell is relevant. 

5 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Burks is a bust, I'd compare it to the Chris Henry pick.

I wouldn't go that far. Henry was undrafted if he didn't have that workout. He couldn't even start for his own team in college.

I don't think Burks can be a traditional receiver every down. Anyone who takes him needs to have a plan for how they're going to use him.

We're not that creative and our OC sucks, so I hope that's not us.

• 7 months later...

Back from the depths of abyss. 
First off, he no longer works in the building. But still talks to people of course. Had a laundry list of things I threw his way and getting back these things: AS ALWAYS TREAT AS RUMOR AND NOT TRUTH/GOSPEL.

1. The trade: Vrabel was against it. Hated it actually. What could be pieced together, the deal started at the Chris Godwin level, with a bigger signing bonus to push the average to about DJ Moor e level. AJ wanted closer to Hill's deal conversations went sour. Last Titan offer was around Diggs money. Don't know numbers, players deals were mainly spoken as landmarks. Trade was demanded.  Conversations never picked back up.

2. This is the style of offense Vrabel wants. He has never wanted a wide-open style of offense. When he had chances and choices to do so, he ultimately picked the running first style of play. From Lafluer, Smith to Downing it has looked the same because of Vrabel. Downing is running the Titans offense not his. He isn't an offensive genius but he would be more open if he had his choice. 

3. Firing Downing isn't a guarantee. Because it's viewed as not all on him. 

4. Robinson's main downfall was failing to replace players he let walk. It wasn't the trade that got him fired. It was the clear and obvious lack to compete against the elite teams, because of personnel. Mainly offensive line and secondary. Was pointed out that they only have 2 real starters on the line and his secondary, mainly corners have failed to be impact players. 

5. There was no beef between Vrabel and Robinson. Some choices they disagreed on, but ultimately were on the same page. Wouldn't expect a big shift in philosophy on who they draft and the type of player they draft. 

6. Players sense change coming within the building, just not sure how much. Lot of players know they won't be back. Expecting lot of turnover. 

7. Vrabel never wanted Juilo. Rumor has it that Arthur tried to warn them of what they may be getting. Robinson thought the risk of production outweighed the bad. 

8. Lasltly, future GM search will be a search. They have legit in-house guys but it's not going to be a Mularkey situation. 

• Like 2

My thoughts on this stuff...

I think Downing might actually stay. If hey didn't fire him last year with "better" weapons, then they won't fire him with worst weapons. And the point of it being Vrabel's way of offense sticks out to me. 
When you really think about it. Our offense has looked exactly the same since he has been here because it's what he wants. If he wanted to spread it out, he would have hired a spread out OC. 

Even with Willis, you don't see them adjust to run things differently, they are putting him in the "titans offense." 

Tired of Arthur, but I think the truth is both sides became toxic. He wanted too much, we aimed to low. No real talk to meet in the middle 

• Like 1