From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

I'd be very happy to get McGary. Even better if we could also get Andre Dillard on a cheap prove it deal, like a 1 or 2 year incentive laden deal and put him at LT. Bump NPF to RG. Sign a couple cheap veterans and draft an IOL in the mid-rounds to battle for the other spots.

I'd rather spend big money for the OL on OT than Davis.

I wish we would sign Orlando Brown. HE'd settle the position, we can keep NPF where he is and go forward hopefully with the edges secure. Now Browns going to reset the tackle market, and we could very well end up with the highest paid offensive and defensive linemen in the league on our roster, but I'd be much more willing to make the QB trade up gambit if we did that. Especially if we could also retain Davis and Jones (unlikely)

Edited by Chocolateman78

5 hours ago, Chocolateman78 said:

I wish we would sign Orlando Brown. HE'd settle the position, we can keep NPF where he is and go forward hopefully with the edges secure. Now Browns going to reset the tackle market, and we could very well end up with the highest paid offensive and defensive linemen in the league on our roster, but I'd be much more willing to make the QB trade up gambit if we did that. Especially if we could also retain Davis and Jones (unlikely)

I don’t think brown is going to reset the T market he’s going to get paid but I don’t see him resetting it, teams know he’s a slight above average pass blocker but a mauler in the run game 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

🤣 No ****. I thought that was a given. Any decent LT is going to get paid very well.

Yeah. I think he is more of a RT, but said the contract STARTED at 4 year-$55 million. Maybe the market will tell him different. I can see why we are out on him as a RT if that is the price.

5 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah. I think he is more of a RT, but said the contract STARTED at 4 year-$55 million. Maybe the market will tell him different. I can see why we are out on him as a RT if that is the price.

I think people need to rethink the o-line hierarchy. I don't think LT's are significantly more valuable than RT's anymore. Most teams have more than one viable pass rusher and typically puts there best one on the weakest tackle. Its the same with interior linemen. There is a surge of highly athletic huge interior pass rushers in the league, heck we have one, blocking these guys is more difficult than ever, and QBs always say the pressure they hate most is the guys who get push in their face. This makes finding QUALITY guards/centers more and more important. 

Given that the Titans have 3 maybe 4 starting spots on the oline to fill, I'm not sure how frugal they can afford to be on the FA market. And if they are, you can certainly count on a lineman heavy draft. 

• Like 1

am i crazy? we talking the same courtland sutton who has exactly one thousand-yard season in five years in the league? i get that henry is an aging RB but sutton will be 28 next season himself. i need a better player or a better draft pick, because sutton and a 5th feels like terrible value.