New GM and HC candidates?

HashtagFTW

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/01/richard-sherman-thinks-lions-should-hire-robert-saleh/

49ers cornerback Richard Sherman actually went a little bit further than that. Sherman told Albert Breer of SI.com that the Lions should hire Dearborn, Michigan native and 49ers defensive coordinator Robert Saleh as their next head coach.

“He has to get the Detroit job,” Sherman said. “Homegrown. He’s a great leader of men. And he’s not stubborn. He doesn’t just think he has all the answers. He comes up with a great plan and evolves it with his players.”

Saleh is going to be the leading candidate for at least the next little while. He does check off a lot of boxes but does come in with his own question marks. He's never been a HC and is going to have to adjust to being in that role and not just a coordinator job. 

He seems to be getting high praise for being a player coach that is high energy and adaptable. 

9 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Guess it'll remain a mystery.

Former posters whose names are bolded.  I remember Bucky, but I don't remember crep. that's back when I just lurked around and DHLF was in his 30's. When was that, around 2007?

Edited by LionArkie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, LionArkie said:

Former posters whose names are bolded.  I remember Bucky, but I don't remember crep. that's back when I just lurked around and DHLF was in his 30's.

I've heard the name Bucky being referenced (and might have even been a part of this when he was a poster) but crep isn't familiar at all. 

15 hours ago, HashtagFTW said:

For real though, I’m going to cry if we hire another first time HC. Would rather bring someone out of retirement and give them both GM and HC roles, or hire someone from the ncaa over another first time HC. 

I guess it depends on who they hire.  If you are meaning someone like Bill Cowher, I am iffy on that given he has never had GM duties and hasn't coached in 15 years.  If you mean another retread that has been a HC and failed, I am less excited for that and would just as much like a new HC if its someone like Saleh.  If it is a HC retread that was young, went back to being a coordinator and has improved, then maybe, but dont want another used up failed head coach that keeps getting chances.