New GM and HC candidates?

HashtagFTW

18 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

Former 49er pro bowl safety & analyst donte whitener reported if Saleh becomes a head coach there is as many as 3 or 4of the San Fran secondary that are fa’s are going join him..

49ers 2021 Secondary FA's - Position, Age, PFF Score

Richard Sherman, CB (33) - 67.7

Jaquiski Tartt, S (29) - 65.3

K'Waun Williams, CB (30) - 66.2

Jamar Taylor, CB (31) - 60.7

Jason Verrett, CB (30) - 77.4

Ahkello Witherspoon, CB (26) - 77.0

Dontae Johnson, CB (30) - 67.0

There was an ESPN tool that gave letter grades for coaching/team matchups between the Falcons, Lions, Texans and a series of coaches. Here is the order for the

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/30537412/play-matchmaker-nfl-head-coach-carousel-make-your-pick-texans-lions-falcons-jobs?linkId=108165106&fbclid=IwAR3Brv2JDW-KjY6gIavQIPWZpSqZzE0ZJyYSgzix7fqUOMftZ0n9TvQlGkQ

Lions:

- Robert Saleh B+

- Marvin Lewis B+

- Jim Harbaugh B

- Matt Eberflus C+

- Raheem Morris C+

- Byron Leftwich C

- Greg Roman C

- Brian Daboll C-

- Arthur Smith C-

Edited by Karnage84

9 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

There was an ESPN tool that gave letter grades for coaching/team matchups between the Falcons, Lions, Texans and a series of coaches. Here is the order for the

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/30537412/play-matchmaker-nfl-head-coach-carousel-make-your-pick-texans-lions-falcons-jobs?linkId=108165106&fbclid=IwAR3Brv2JDW-KjY6gIavQIPWZpSqZzE0ZJyYSgzix7fqUOMftZ0n9TvQlGkQ

Lions:

- Robert Saleh B+

- Marvin Lewis B+

- Jim Harbaugh B

- Matt Eberflus C+

- Raheem Morris C+

- Byron Leftwich C

- Greg Roman C

- Brian Daboll C-

- Arthur Smith C-

I’ve been quite vocal about experience.

I really hope they hire an experienced GM because I’m becoming a huge fan of Saleh. Everything I’ve read emphasizes his skill as a team builder, motivator, leader and the respect he shows the players. His greatest quality appears to be the ability to listen and involve players in the process.

That is leadership that works. It’s was so lacking in Patricia whose style is more suited to the 50’s.

Spielman is a great resource, hire an experienced GM and go get Saleh. 

• Like 4

On 12/30/2020 at 6:30 AM, Karnage84 said:

49ers 2021 Secondary FA's - Position, Age, PFF Score

Richard Sherman, CB (33) - 67.7

Jaquiski Tartt, S (29) - 65.3

K'Waun Williams, CB (30) - 66.2

Jamar Taylor, CB (31) - 60.7

Jason Verrett, CB (30) - 77.4

Ahkello Witherspoon, CB (26) - 77.0

Dontae Johnson, CB (30) - 67.0

I feel like spoon would be a lock to go. He and shanny aren't best buds apparently. Taylor got hurt, so you can scratch him off. 

Verrett I'd imagine would be the niners priority re-sign. Williams is a top notch slot corner, but he's starting to get nicked up quite a bit. I'm not sure what priority we will put on him. It's not hard to find competent slots. 

Tartt is extremely solid. Not great, but does his job pretty well. Not a playmaker, just a rock. Unlikely niners resign him. Expect him to miss 4-8 games a season.

Sherm is sherm, getting up there though. Johnson is JAG

On 12/30/2020 at 7:46 PM, diehardlionfan said:

I’ve been quite vocal about experience.

I really hope they hire an experienced GM because I’m becoming a huge fan of Saleh. Everything I’ve read emphasizes his skill as a team builder, motivator, leader and the respect he shows the players. His greatest quality appears to be the ability to listen and involve players in the process.

That is leadership that works. It’s was so lacking in Patricia whose style is more suited to the 50’s.

Spielman is a great resource, hire an experienced GM and go get Saleh. 

Yeah, I'm kind of the same way. I'd prefer a good hc with experience, but I'm not seeing one out there right now. I'm really kind of rooting for Rick Smith and Saleh combo.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, RG Barnwhipple said:

Some sites are reporting that the Lions are going to make a play to get John Schneider the current Seahawks GM.  I don't think that'll happen but if it does, it'll be an awesome move.  

just to put a link with this. I've liked what Seattle has done. This would be quite the coup.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2021/1/3/22211275/detroit-lions-pursuing-seahawks-gm-john-schneider