New GM and HC candidates?

HashtagFTW

2 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

My dream scenario right now is GM John Schneider, HC Robert Saleh and keep Darrell Bevell as OC. Get new DC and ST. 

I'm wondering how well that would work keeping Bevell as he was the interim hc? I would think any new coach would want to stay out of any sort of power struggle, or cause an unnecessary one.

21 hours ago, MortexLion said:

Breer note that a potential pairing in detroit could be 49er's DC Robert Saleh and Colt's assistant GM ed Dodds

I believe they know each other from Seattle. Last year, saleh had a list of 4 gms, three from Seattle and one from the niners. Dodds was on his list

• Like 2

12 hours ago, LionArkie said:

I'm wondering how well that would work keeping Bevell as he was the interim hc? I would think any new coach would want to stay out of any sort of power struggle, or cause an unnecessary one.

I'd love to see Bevell come back but I do think you're right. These guys have just fought alongside of DB and maybe bought into the message that he's sent out to the team. Then Saleh comes in with his own messaging... it could create an internal conflict without even intending to. 

I dunno... I would have zero complaints if Schneider is GM, Saleh came in, Bevell stayed, keep Stafford for the year and try to turn this thing around on a dime. 

16 hours ago, LionArkie said:

I don't know. From what I've seen and heard from both, they have the same message and coaching style. They were together with Schneider in Seattle during the 2013 Superbowl run. I know some fans might feel like we would be re-creating "Patriots way" with "Seahawks Way" but I don't get the superiority complex with these gentleman we see from everyone from NE, which was their downfall here. I doubt it'll happen, but it's my top pairing right now. 

• Like 1

Struggling with this idea of hiring a coach before the GM. I was thinking it was suggesting either Sheila or Wood would take over more control of the team, and this terrifies me. But I ran across a couple of articles:
https://www.detroitlionspodcast.com/ash-thompson/2021/01/04/why-the-detroit-lions-would-interview-marvin-lewis/

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/12/03/gameplan-robert-spillane-pittsburgh-steelers-undefeated

Each has an interesting spin. I'm thinking the detroitlionspodcast might be the more accurate of the two (not that either assumption is accurate). I still don't know how I feel about the Lions going a non-conventional way.

• Like 1