New GM and HC candidates?

HashtagFTW

2 minutes ago, HashtagFTW said:

I honestly hope at this point that Bev is the head coach going into next year.

Finding the perfect coach is such a timing thing that I want to continue Bev as interim until we are able to come across “that guy”. I’d hate to hire the wrong guy this year and next year the perfect one is available. 

That is somewhat my feeling too. If they do hire DC as coach, I hope that I am 100% dead wrong and he becomes a HOF coach. Nothing seems to be pointing in that direction at the moment. 

If Staley is a guy that the team might like but he's still a bit green, hire Bevell, give Holmes time to do his thing with the draft/roster and gain some experience as a GM. If Bevell doesn't work out, fire him and hire the guy you want (in this case, Staley). If Bevell is successful, then that's awesome.

If you're going to hire a new coach, you have to give them 3 years barring an 0-16 season. 

Given this seems to be the direction we're moving in, I'm going to watch the Dolphins season of Hard Knocks and see if I can see what the Lions see. I am hoping to see something to give me hope and optimism. 

There's a little known secret on the Saints...Ryan Nielson, who is the defensive line coach. He's a phenomenal coach and leader. Out of ALL of the Saints coaches (not Payton included), Nielson is actually the guy that I would hate for the Saints to lose most. It would not surprise me at all if Campbell tried to bring Nielson with him to be the DC if he got the head coaching gig...and it would be a huge loss for the Saints and huge gain for the Lions. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

There's a little known secret on the Saints...Ryan Nielson, who is the defensive line coach. He's a phenomenal coach and leader. Out of ALL of the Saints coaches (not Payton included), Nielson is actually the guy that I would hate for the Saints to lose most. It would not surprise me at all if Campbell tried to bring Nielson with him to be the DC if he got the head coaching gig...and it would be a huge loss for the Saints and huge gain for the Lions. 

Other than pulling some staff from your team is anyone going to miss Campbell?

2 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

Other than pulling some staff from your team is anyone going to miss Campbell?

Frankly...I don't think that many Saints fans even know his role within the locker room. Our TE's have been pretty solid...he's help to develop Taysom Hill in that regard. He is very well respected in our locker room by the staff...I just don't think all of the fans understand the inner workings very well. 

4 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Frankly...I don't think that many Saints fans even know his role within the locker room. Our TE's have been pretty solid...he's help to develop Taysom Hill in that regard. He is very well respected in our locker room by the staff...I just don't think all of the fans understand the inner workings very well. 

If Sean Payton suddenly retired tomorrow, would you trust Dan Campbell to be the HC of the Saints?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

If Sean Payton suddenly retired tomorrow, would you trust Dan Campbell to be the HC of the Saints?

That's a really tough one. If it has the blessing of our organization, I would say that I would trust him as much as anyone else. I just don't know everything he behind the scenes. But he is one guy who has been long rumored to be a future head coach.

6 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

THis is a pretty cool video.  Look if he's the guy I'll be his biggest fan once he signs on the dotted line.  I'm just worried.  i've been through this so many times it just feels like i've seen this move before.  If he's the guy to take us to the promise land i'll be the first to say i was wrong and happily so.  I'm just venting because it feels like we are going to blow this and I just don't know if I'm built to go through this again.  Man i hope i'm wrong about him.

2 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

That's a really tough one. If it has the blessing of our organization, I would say that I would trust him as much as anyone else. I just don't know everything he behind the scenes. But he is one guy who has been long rumored to be a future head coach.

The fact that you can't unequivocally say yes, is somewhat concerning. 

It is obviously not your fault or not blaming you or anything, but the fact that there are contingencies does not instill a lot of confidence in the potential hire. 

The fact that he isn't so focused on one side of the ball (he's not an OC or DC) "might" be beneficial, assuming that he really and truly operates as the second HC. I'm trying to dig up interviews and articles regarding team philosophy, input on draft selections, etc.