New GM and HC candidates?

HashtagFTW

2 hours ago, Lions017 said:

Glenn seems like a great hire. Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up getting a HC job in the next couple of years, which would honestly be great for us since it would mean that he was successful here. 

Plus the extra 2 3rd rd picks!

Scary thought with Parcells ties that both Campbell and Glenn have been on record saying BP as their mentor, is he had Todd Haley on his staff as an offensive coach (Parcells didn’t have OCs). I would not want Haley as OC here.

Edited by BZski

12 hours ago, BZski said:

Scary thought with Parcells ties that both Campbell and Glenn have been on record saying BP as their mentor, is he had Todd Haley on his staff as an offensive coach (Parcells didn’t have OCs). I would not want Haley as OC here.

He's coaching HS football. I really don't think he'll be the guy coming in. 

My preference for an OC is someone that has HC experience (interim will count), works well with others, etc. I'd rather stick with Bevell but that might not be wanted on both sides.

If it's not Bevell, Anthony Lynn is my preference. 

• Jets Assistant HC: 2013 - 2014
  • Bills Assistant HC/RB Coach: 2015 - 2016
  • Bills OC/Interim HC: 2016
  • Chargers HC: 2017 - 2020

Lynn's record and offensive rankings as Chargers HC

2017: 9-7 (PF - 13th; YDS - 4th) <<< Record was 5-11 in 2016

2018: 12-4 (PF - 6th; YDS - 11th)

2019: 5-11 (PF - 21st; YDS - 10th)

2020: 7-9 (PF - 18th; YDS - 9th)

He is a part of the Parcells coaching tree, has a track record, brings a lot of experience and he is also from Texas. He is also relatively young (52). When we are bringing in a GM, HC and potentially a DC who are all going to be new to the job, having someone with a lot of experience should help. 

Dan Campbell is going to be the Lions head coach, so now that he can negotiate with them that’s going to happen. Mike Kafka is a potential OC for him. From what I’m hearing, he’s a potential OC. I am sure Dan’s got his own list, but I’ve checked in and Kafka’s a possibly. He’s not calling plays in Kansas City, so he would certainly be calling plays if he became the Lions OC. So we’ll see what happens there. Not only is he their passing game coordinator, he and Andy (Reid) are the pass game developers on that team.

https://heavy.com/sports/detroit-lions/offensive-coordinator-mike-kafka-dan-campbell/?fbclid=IwAR0-_lX-b-0z_9aW-cDJRB13bkm5WJVZopRWRtPifM3_SqZty11Ls0fS0nA

4 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

What do you make of the 6 year deal (as opposed to MP's 5 year deal?). While they're not committing to a rebuild, retool, etc. it seems like this indicates the expectation is it could take a bit longer to build a competitive team with the groceries already on hand. 

34 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

What do you make of the 6 year deal (as opposed to MP's 5 year deal?). While they're not committing to a rebuild, retool, etc. it seems like this indicates the expectation is it could take a bit longer to build a competitive team with the groceries already on hand. 

Not sure how I feel about the 6 yr deal,  guess they think he’ll be here in the long run. Wonder about his oc 

Love the hire of Campbell, I always thought Miami should have stuck with him after letting go of Philbin. I believe this guy is primed to instill a winning culture and attitude in Detroit. Much like the Browns I tend to pull for Detroit (when it doesn't affect my Dolphins). You guys are due for some success and I believe Swift is going to excel under him. Best of luck.   

• Like 2