New GM and HC candidates?

HashtagFTW

2 hours ago, Superduperman said:

There are 359 Krispy Kreme franchise locations in the US

For all of Patricia's failures as a Head Coach, he still has been very successful as a defensive mind and play-caller while in New England. There are a bunch of guys that have failed as HC's that have been very successful returning back to being coordinators. 

Patricia is not a bad guy, he just went about things the wrong way and he doesn't have the clout where someone is going to take it because they can trust in him. He hasn't been an ex-player, he's in terrible shape, he was hobbled for quite some time, he comes in with sexual assault accusations on day one and other guys are going to look at him and say "Bellichick is the defensive mind and won those rings - what are you really bringing to the table?". 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

For all of Patricia's failures as a Head Coach, he still has been very successful as a defensive mind and play-caller while in New England. There are a bunch of guys that have failed as HC's that have been very successful returning back to being coordinators. 

Patricia is not a bad guy, he just went about things the wrong way and he doesn't have the clout where someone is going to take it because they can trust in him. He hasn't been an ex-player, he's in terrible shape, he was hobbled for quite some time, he comes in with sexual assault accusations on day one and other guys are going to look at him and say "Bellichick is the defensive mind and won those rings - what are you really bringing to the table?". 

This. I guess I don't get why fans take this stuff so personally. He isn't a bad person, and has clearly had success in this league. Acting as if he only had NE to turn to is silly.

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

This. I guess I don't get why fans take this stuff so personally. He isn't a bad person, and has clearly had success in this league. Acting as if he only had NE to turn to is silly.

90%+ of Campbell's speech is the message that we've been getting from MP for the past 3 years. Have to run the ball, play strong defense, play hard, tough, physical. The missing 10% is the constant emphasis on fundamentals, which was one of MP's fallback points. The difference is that Campbell has put that jersey on and he looks like he could throw on a helmet and run on the field even now where Patricia couldn't get around unless he was on a scooter for several weeks. There's obviously a lot of behind the scenes stuff that has led to some of these wholesale changes but on a pure football point, I think the messenger has been a huge part of the difference as opposed to the message. 

35 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

giphy.gif

29 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

He took a my favorite sports team from a team I feel was about to turn the corner after decades of futility and systematically turned it into a dumpster fire. 

As for him not being a bad person, I think the victim of his aggravated sexual assault would probably disagree. 

2 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

He took a my favorite sports team from a team I feel was about to turn the corner after decades of futility and systematically turned it into a dumpster fire. 

As for him not being a bad person, I think the victim of his aggravated sexual assault would probably disagree. 

Ha. You root for a team that has been terrible for decades, then got mad at a coach because the team remained terrible. Sounds like it's a personal issue.

You realize that the allegation of sexual assault was made against him in the United States of America, right? That, in this country, you're innocent until proven guilty, and that the complainant in that case requested the case be dismissed months later. You know all of this, right? I just think it's cowardly and embarrassing to claim he committed aggravated sexual assault when he hasn't had the opportunity to legally defend himself, and when the complainant decided not to pursue such a conviction.

You're better than that. (Yes, even you.)

8 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Ha. You root for a team that has been terrible for decades, then got mad at a coach because the team remained terrible. Sounds like it's a personal issue.

You realize that the allegation of sexual assault was made against him in the United States of America, right? That, in this country, you're innocent until proven guilty, and that the complainant in that case requested the case be dismissed months later. You know all of this, right? I just think it's cowardly and embarrassing to claim he committed aggravated sexual assault when he hasn't had the opportunity to legally defend himself, and when the complainant decided not to pursue such a conviction.

You're better than that. (Yes, even you.)

You sure you're a former law enforcement officer? Someone who's made a career as part of the justice system should know a personal opinion about someone is not the same as a court of law. My opinion that Patricia probably did what he was charged, and indicted by a grand jury, with will not limit his freedoms. A former law enforcement officer should know there are MANY different ways a court case gets dismissed which don't involve the suspect being innocent of the crime. Luckily for us this incident is public record:

The criminal case never went to trial. In January 1997, Cameron County Assistant District Attorney Jacqueline Reynolds-Church filed a motion to dismiss on account that the “victim does not feel she can face the pressures or stress of a trial.”

You realize that in the United States of America, a person has the right to confront their accusers in court. If the victim "does not feel she can face the pressures of stress of a trial" the prosecution has no choice but to dismiss the charges, no matter how good the case is. Unfortunately this is rather common in sexual assault cases, as it's such a traumatic event many victims don't want to be retraumatized by a trial. 

Since you seem to be rusty on the United States of America Justice system and probably aren't familiar with Texas state law (it's probably very similar to Michigan or anywhere else in America you worked as a LEO) I'll do my best to refresh you a little. 

Patricia was charged with aggravated sexual assault. This means the detectives and the prosecution believed there was probable cause he commit the crime. He was indicted in a grand jury in Texas which means at least nine out of twelve grand jurors believed there was probable cause he committed the crime.

A definition of probable cause:

a combination of facts and circumstances that would lead a reasonable person to believe that a crime had been committed

A large number of people with knowledge of the facts available believed there was probable cause Patricia committed aggravated sexual assault. The case was dismissed because the victim didn't want to be traumatized with a trial. My knowledge and experience of the United States of America justice system tells me this is, unfortunately, very common. 

But you're @TL-TwoWinsAway, and the Lions hired him and stood by him. I'd be shocked if you'd let a thing like he probably committed aggravated sexual assault get in the way of calling him "not a bad guy". 

40 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

You sure you're a former law enforcement officer? Someone who's made a career as part of the justice system should know a personal opinion about someone is not the same as a court of law. My opinion that Patricia probably did what he was charged, and indicted by a grand jury, with will not limit his freedoms. A former law enforcement officer should know there are MANY different ways a court case gets dismissed which don't involve the suspect being innocent of the crime.

Of course. And it's my personal opinion that anyone that would claim that the person did such a heinous act, without proof and without a guilty verdict (which an indictment is not), is a toxic human being.

False accusations happen all the time. The person falsely accused of such a thing should not have it held over their heads for the rest of their life, with no remedy to have it removed. That isn't justice, and that isn't how this system works.

12 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

giphy.gif

Would you have accepted Eric Bieniemy as our HC?

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Of course. And it's my personal opinion that anyone that would claim that the person did such a heinous act, without proof and without a guilty verdict (which an indictment is not), is a toxic human being.

False accusations happen all the time. The person falsely accused of such a thing should not have it held over their heads for the rest of their life, with no remedy to have it removed. That isn't justice, and that isn't how this system works.

Actually, studies show false accusations are rare. A former LEO who perpetuates the false fact that they happen all the time is a toxic human being and an embarrassment to LEOs. It is much more likely a sexual assault goes unreported than a report of sexual assault is false. Every LEO knows this. It's taught in every basic academy and sexual assault training is constantly refreshed in most agencies that investigate criminal law due to the liabilities those agencies face if they don't properly investigate. 

My opinion that a person charged and indicted with a crime, knowing the burdens that need to be met for those things to happen based on my training and experience, probably committed the crime, has no impact on justice. My opinion that Patricia's victim probably doesn't think "he's not a bad guy" as you put it, has no impact on justice. 

His victim didn't want to be retraumatized by a trial, which is understandable, and that's what impacted if there would be justice. 

Patricia is free to go on being a terrible coach and a toxic human being despite my opinion of him. In no way does my opinion of him limit his rights or freedoms. 

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

Would you have accepted Eric Bieniemy as our HC?

I'm not as familiar with Bieniemy's past as Patricia's, but I hope you're not comparing being a terrible driver and getting into a bar fight with someone who yells racial slurs at you with aggravated sexual assault?