New GM and HC candidates?

HashtagFTW

1 hour ago, diehardlionfan said:

Given how everything rolled out I would’ve been fine with him as HC. 

Me too. I was actually hoping for him toward the end. But, here we are, watching the Rodeo that is Dan Campbell... 😆.. I honestly love his enthusiasm and passion though, even if it is without refinement. The Anthony Lynn hire is great, all things considered.

Edited by BarryTheBest
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Lionized said:

Im not sure how I feel about this. 

He brings talent and experience into the role but there are some management issues with him. Can he defer to Holmes or are we creating a future power struggle? It feels like that could be on the table. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Im not sure how I feel about this. 

He brings talent and experience into the role but there are some management issues with him. Can he defer to Holmes or are we creating a future power struggle? It feels like that could be on the table. 

That's what I thought right away. You've added a young GM and coach, said that they'll split power, then are adding another personality to that room. I guess we'll see.

Dorsey is a great move. A good pro personnel guy to help Holmes, the good college scouting guy.

Everyone saying 'too many voices,' I mean there's two ways that can go. You can get guys disagreeing and turmoil, or you can get a team that knows when to take the best suggestion in the right situation. Depends a lot on the team members.

• Like 2

It feels to me like the Lions recognize that one guy is not going to turn this around. They brought in a new young GM, who has a history of drafting well for a rebuilding franchise and is surrounding him with respected resources at his disposal (a former GM who rebuilt two franchises). Brought in a HC who is a players coach who understands the struggles of the organization and city, brought in two coordinators that are well respected among players/coaches. Kept the OL coach who is building a very strong unit. Kudos to SFH for not bringing in one guy and letting him bring in a “yes man” as his HC and letting them tear up this team more. 

• Like 1