Football Game

Beck Bristow

gross game..

I actually thought the secondary had a good game.. 

The d-line might actually be a bigger need than the o-line. just can't get to the QB...at all 

I was so worried we were going to win at the end of the game. I knew we had fat randy and the o-line to save us though, just didn't know which one would come through. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fluhartz said:

gross game..

I actually thought the secondary had a good game.. 

The d-line might actually be a bigger need than the o-line. just can't get to the QB...at all 

I was so worried we were going to win at the end of the game. I knew we had fat randy and the o-line to save us though, just didn't know which one would come through. 

Defensive line is worrisome,  but we are pretty devastated by injuries at DT.  Hubbard and Lawson are both solid guys, but an elite DE or DT is needed to upgrade the pass rush. If that's the right value,  then I would be cool with it,  but i don't see any top defensive lineman to get too excited about. 

10 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

Defensive line is worrisome,  but we are pretty devastated by injuries at DT.  Hubbard and Lawson are both solid guys, but an elite DE or DT is needed to upgrade the pass rush. If that's the right value,  then I would be cool with it,  but i don't see any top defensive lineman to get too excited about. 

Agreed.  Hubbard and Lawson aren't a problem, but they aren't the solution either.  We need an elite edge rusher and have Hubbard move inside on obvious passing downs

This season is going to set a new record low for me in terms of watching the actual play.  I've watched exactly one quarter, and one drive.  And i probably won't tune in again.

I actually forgot they signed Brandon Allen and was a little confused when i tuned into the box score and saw his name and not Finley.  But that's at least a win that they know better not to trot him out there again.  One good decision!  Yay!

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Agreed.  Hubbard and Lawson aren't a problem, but they aren't the solution either.  We need an elite edge rusher and have Hubbard move inside on obvious passing downs

Good description,  not the problem,  not the solution. Of course lawson might want paid like the answer this offseason,  so we might overpay or need 2 ends this offseason. 

5 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Lawson will probably want $10 mil per year. But we could maybe get Shaq Barrett for 16. 

If Lawson wants $10 mil per year, I think that's a pass.  Too much injury history and inconsistency for that price.  

Options are:

1. Sign a high priced proven edge rusher (likely cutting Geno to make the cap room)
  2. Sign a vet FA backup that can play both sides and draft the top remaining edge rusher at the top of round 2.
  3. Resign Lawson and draft an edge rusher at some point in 2021 and hope we strike gold.

57 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

If Lawson wants $10 mil per year, I think that's a pass.  Too much injury history and inconsistency for that price.  

Options are:

1. Sign a high priced proven edge rusher (likely cutting Geno to make the cap room)
  2. Sign a vet FA backup that can play both sides and draft the top remaining edge rusher at the top of round 2.
  3. Resign Lawson and draft an edge rusher at some point in 2021 and hope we strike gold.

Give me 2/3  Try to keep Lawson a a reasonable price while grabbing the top DE in round 2

2 hours ago, Johnny Nix said:

Let’s talk about Geno Atkins for a second. Dude has 1 tackle on the season, and I have barely noticed him at all. 

is he a goner this offseason?

Geno and AJ..

The two best players on the team for years.. unless they take low salaries, they are gone