Week 12 GDT - Saints at Broncos

jolly red giant

Fangio ā€œcalled outā€ the QBs for what happened today, no doubt their negligence led to the result today.Ā 

Ā 

FWIW Fangio also took a modicum of responsibility himself by saying he needs to be more stringent enforcing the rules as a HC.Ā 

As most here Iā€™m sure know, aĀ local narrativeĀ in media circles has been how totally absent Vic has been regarding the offense; most have said heā€™s the coach of the defense masquerading as a HC.

If thatā€™s what Vic is going to be, itā€™sĀ on Elway and the rest of the organizational leadership forĀ making the hire they did. Itā€™s also a reason Vic wanted an more experienced OC as he no interest about that side of the ball. I highly doubt Vic had an idea the QBs made some minor Ā violation of mask rules as he was likely on the other side of the building with the defense. Most importantly, itā€™s another reason that Vic isnā€™t HC material and we should (but wonā€™t) move on from him as HCĀ after this year.

Edited by AnAngryAmerican

2 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Fangio ā€œcalled outā€ the QBs for what happened today, no doubt their negligence led to the result today.Ā 

Ā 

FWIW Fangio also took a modicum of responsibility himself by saying he needs to be more stringent enforcing the rules as a HC.Ā 

As most here Iā€™m sure know, aĀ local narrative around here in media circles has been how totally absent Vic has been regarding the offense; most have said heā€™s the coach of the defense masquerading as a HC.

If thatā€™s what Vic is going to be, itā€™sĀ on Elway and the rest of the organizational leadership forĀ making the hire they did. Itā€™s also a reason Vic wanted an more experienced OC as he no interest about that side of the ball. I highly doubt Vic had an idea the QBs made some minor Ā violation of mask rules as he was likely on the other side of the building with the defense. Most importantly, itā€™s another reason that Vic isnā€™t HC material and we should (but wonā€™t) move on from him as HV after this year.

I heard they committed the violation on the off day? I get it they're grown men need to be accountable but I don't see the gain doing it to the media.bill b wouldn't do this

16 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Ā 

As most here Iā€™m sure know, aĀ local narrative around here in media circles has been how totally absent Vic has been regarding the offense; most have said heā€™s the coach of the defense masquerading as a HC.

If thatā€™s what Vic is going to be, itā€™sĀ on Elway and the rest of the organizational leadership forĀ making the hire they did. Itā€™s also a reason Vic wanted an more experienced OC as he no interest about that side of the ball. I highly doubt Vic had an idea the QBs made some minor Ā violation of mask rules as he was likely on the other side of the building with the defense. Most importantly, itā€™s another reason that Vic isnā€™t HC material and we should (but wonā€™t) move on from him as HV after this year.

Vic has done a great job on the defensive side of the football, but the in-game management and intangibles do not seem to be HC material. The Broncos need a great offensive mind in the building at some point. And that guy will more than likely need to be HC

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

No core player got hurt.

That's basically all I wanted.

My only comment on the game going forward - we were toast, dead men walking - so can't really take anything player-wise.Ā  Ā Coaching-wise, some of the game decisions continues to baffle (that review.....jeez).Ā  Ā  I'm guessing they were likely in complete disarray given the circumstances, but it wasn't pretty regardless.Ā  I hold nothing against the players, except kudos for the D for hanging in there.

Moving on.

Lindsay and Callahan got hurt.

I fully understand moving on from Vic as heā€™s done enough weird crap to warrant it. Ā But the grass isnā€™t always greener. Ā This team wouldnā€™t even be competitive if Fangio wasntĀ an elite defensive coach.

I didnā€™t watch any part of this game, but listen to Hintonā€™s post game conference...heā€™s probably not an NFL player even at WR, but so much more mature than Lock just based on that interview. Ā 

Edited by germ-x

2 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I fully understand moving on from Vic as heā€™s done enough weird crap to warrant it. Ā But the grass isnā€™t always greener. Ā This team wouldnā€™t even be competitive if Fangio wasntĀ an elite defensive coach.

I didnā€™t watch any part of this game, but listen to Hintonā€™s post game conference...heā€™s probably not an NFL player even at WR, but so much more mature than Lock just based on that interview. Ā 

Where'd you find the post game presser

37 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Dammit I missed Callahan, was tuning in and out. Ā  Please donā€™t say it was a 4Q injury when our D was gassed. Ā Ā  Ugh.Ā 

Not sure when it happened in the second half,Ā just thought they wanted to give Ojemudia some run (would have been a good idea!). Looks like a foot injury.Ā 

8 hours ago, champ11 said:

Vic has done a great job on the defensive side of the football, but the in-game management and intangibles do not seem to be HC material. The Broncos need a great offensive mind in the building at some point. And that guy will more than likely need to be HC

Maybe a co-head coach is the answer because I'd hate the level of the defensive play to tapper off.Ā  I mean, even yesterday our loss margin without a QB was less than what the Raiders lost by to the Falcons.Ā  I think if you had a coach who could make the decisions on clock management, when to challenge a play, and who can manage the team so they are meeting certain league protocols; perhaps that could work?Ā  And then Vic can take the pressers because he can be kind of entertaining.Ā Ā 

I couldn't help but get really irked at watching the Saints players consistently celebrate everything like they had won the Superbowl yesterday.

I mean, when I use my head and not my heart I realise that these players all have escalators predicated on performance and winning, so it was probably like Christmas for them. It's hard to win in the NFL and it's rare they get a chance to feast like that.

But, even still - yesterday was one of the most unique situations in NFL history and it felt a little classless to watching them still doing it long after the game was done.

I am probably just a bitter fan of a team that got pummeled.Ā 

• Like 1