Week 12 GDT - Saints at Broncos

jolly red giant

I turn on Drew Lock guys hell do whatever dance when the camera is on him in celebration, and he'll say he wouldn't miss the game for anything last week playing through injury, but in the world of modern technology he can't wear a dang mask?

Enjoy your day off tomorrow bud, Elway shutup no one cares you still believe in him.

37 minutes ago, rcpbawler said:

Incubation period my dude, could have been contracted by several (or none) other players and may not test positive for another 5ish days

This also isn't logical Driskel tested positive Thursday they were allowed to practice with the team until today. Idk what incubation does now

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

This also isn't logical Driskel tested positive Thursday they were allowed to practice with the team until today. Idk what incubation does now

They were allowed to practice likely because no one told the NFL they weren't masking, only that they weren't in prolonged contact.   Again, this is totally on our org, our coaches & the QB's.    The league doesn't have ppl on the ground, they have to trust the org & players / staff will be truthful.  Likely the truth came out today.

It's total standard practice for contacts who've been indoors with a positive patient to have to self-isolate for 5 days.  If there are no symptoms, and a negative test after Day 5, it's ok to start - but not before.     IND lost Jonathan Taylor for this reason, the Ravens lost a bunch of guys who were in contact with Lamar Jackson, JK Dobbins and Mark Ingram (the 3 guys who did test positive, plus more), because of the incubation period.

Here's the thing - if the players had all masked indoors - they wouldn't have been considered high-risk.  It's why masking at work indoors is now mandatory for us, it's been that way since September.   And it's a NO-BRAINER here because the NFL mandated this 2 weeks ago.  It's not gray, it's black and white.   And the decision to not keep an extra QB sequestered away might have made sense in September - but it's kinda obvious with what's happening, you adapt to new circumstances. 

It's totally on DEN as to how this went down.  Stop trying to deflect blame elsewhere.  The org, coaches & players totally F'd up.   Getting the virus isn't the problem - but following the rules to keep team spread limited, and by extension, ensuring players don't have to be considered high-risk exposures, that's totally on DEN.

Let's remember that Fangio 2x violated rules - and got fined, and said "we'll be better".  And so now, 2 months later - we have meetings with NO ONE MASKING.   This is totally on him as much as the players, because he's clearly made it clear it's only lip service, and behind closed doors, he's dismissed it.  Well, Fangio gets to reap what he sows.   I can only hope no player pays the price from injury (D gets worn out, O players in a bad spot by a bad throw) this weekend because of his & the org's unbelievable stupidity here.

Edited by Broncofan

I obviously hope no one gets seriously ill and this passes in a week.

I however don’t feel bad that Denver has to play this game and believe they should have to play this game.  Same with the Ravens.

Follow protocols and mask wearing is literally the easiest.

I work in a school district with 28,000 students and 5,000 staff members.  You wear a mask unless you’re outside or alone in your room/office.  If you don’t you’re written up or asked to leave until you decide to follow protocol.

I don’t feel a bit bad for these NFL players who refuse or can’t figure it out.  It’s not hard.

3 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I work in a school district with 28,000 students and 5,000 staff members.  You wear a mask unless you’re outside or alone in your room/office.  If you don’t you’re written up or asked to leave until you decide to follow protocol.

I don’t feel a bit bad for these NFL players who refuse or can’t figure it out.  It’s not hard.

I mean who else has 4 QBs? We should be the last team that had this happen inept

43 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Lol. Threaten to forfeit and the league will postpone. 

Players won't threaten to forfeit, because the players then lose their paycheck.    Players only get paid if games are played, forfeits = zero pay.  It sucks, but it is what it is.  Another sign of how bad the NFLPA is at this.

Just now, AKRNA said:

I never even heard of this kid. Just saw he's a rookie PS WR. I guess I'm kinda curious why we didn't activate Blake Bortles. He's on the PS too.

I've never been a fan of his but he does have 73 games as an NFL starter.

Because he was in the meeting room with them.