Week 12 GDT - Saints at Broncos

3 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

I just pictured George watching the game film this week. Drinking heavily, I would imagine. 

Week off for me. Just not enough from the game to judge any individual, really. Might watch the defense a bit but that's it.

Ah well, at least United came back from 2-0 down to win 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, broncosfan_101 said:

I just pictured George watching the game film this week. Drinking heavily, I would imagine. 

I think he deserves a week off. He's been putting in lots of time putting out a great product. Maybe just a Cush lowlight post.

29 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I wanted to see how hard we played. I'm disappointed in Shurmers playcalling though could have done more screens, run pass option, boots, moving the pocket.

Hinton knows the playbook no?

I wasn't paying close attention but pretty sure they were playing their corners up at the LOS in press man most of the game making wr screens difficult. There really wasn't a lot we could do especially against a great defense such as the saints.

I doubt he knows the playbook very well, let alone how to run an offense on 24 hours notice.

Dang the breach in protocol happened Tuesday the off day when QBs were watching film together. Sucks Lock may have been turning a corner got to hope Vic doesn't alienate the QBs throwing them under the bus In press conferences mad respect for Drew lock apologizing I didn't see the other QBs do that.

Well that was painful. But not surprising given the circumstances but painful nonetheless. 

Broncos PR was pretty defensive, accurate, but defensive. That’s not something you see from Smyth’s team very often, I have a feeling it’s been an ugly 24 hours at Dove Valley. 

This really is just another in a long line of embarrassments for this franchise under Joe Ellis’ leadership. Thankfully, recent “reporting” from PFT hack Mike Florio suggests the league could force a sale very soon.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/22/nfls-new-ownership-policy-could-create-major-problems-for-titans-broncos/

Edited by AnAngryAmerican
1 minute ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Well that was painful. But not surprising given the circumstances but painful nonetheless. 

Broncos PR was pretty defensive, accurate, but defensive. 

This really is just another in a long line of embarrassments for this franchise under Joe Ellis’ leadership. Thankfully, recent “reporting” from PFT hack Mike Florio suggests the league could force a sale very soon.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/22/nfls-new-ownership-policy-could-create-major-problems-for-titans-broncos/

I do respect Hinton.  At the very least he showed himself to be a team player.  I hope they can reward him somehow.  

3 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Broncos PR was pretty defensive, accurate, but defensive. That’s not something you see from Smyth’s team very often, I have a feeling it’s been an ugly 24 hours at Dove Valley. 

Thank you jesus

No core player got hurt.

That's basically all I wanted.

My only comment on the game going forward - we were toast, dead men walking - so can't really take anything player-wise.   Coaching-wise, some of the game decisions continues to baffle (that review.....jeez).    I'm guessing they were likely in complete disarray given the circumstances, but it wasn't pretty regardless.  I hold nothing against the players, except kudos for the D for hanging in there.

Moving on.