Lions fire HC Matt Patricia & GM Bob Quinn; Darrell Bevell to be interim HC

chiefs82

20 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Average draft position of teams that actually won the Super Bowl. 

My position isn't terrible, you just can't accept nor understand it.  I'm done with this conversation.  You tell your new GM to draft all them ILBs, WRs, IOLs and TEs because I celebrate every time an NFC North divisional rival does that. 

EDGE - 110
OT - 128
QB - 130
DB - 142
IDL - 142
ILB - 150
TE - 151
WR - 154
IOL - 176
RB - 180

Nah, I'll just hope that my GM doesn't reach for lesser "premium position" prospects while passing on elite IOLs, WRs and RBs.

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

You can rationalize it all you want and convince yourself it's not true, but the fact is some positions in football are more important than others and if you draft less important positions before the important ones you're going to lose more often than win. 

Sure. If you draft busts at the "important positions", and pass on elite players at the "less important positions", you're farther from winning anyway.

15 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Sure. If you draft busts at the "important positions", and pass on elite players at the "less important positions", you're farther from winning anyway.

Lol.  This isn’t even true.

A OT bust and you put them at guard.

An EDGE busts and they’re a situational pass rusher.

A DL busts and they’re a rotational guy.

A QB busts and yeah, you’re screwed, but the value dictates you have to take that shot.

A DB busts and they’re still better than a team’s #4 WR.

What do you do with a bust at WR, TE, ILB, IOL?

Even when they bust premium positions have more value.  

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  This isn’t even true.

A OT bust and you put them at guard.

An EDGE busts and they’re a situational pass rusher.

A DL busts and they’re a rotational guy.

A QB busts and yeah, you’re screwed, but the value dictates you have to take that shot.

A DB busts and they’re still better than a team’s #4 WR.

What do you do with a bust at WR, TE, ILB, IOL?

Even when they bust premium positions have more value.  

Duh! Why don't teams just take bad players, change their positions and *poof*, not bad anymore! You've hacked the system, man... players at "premium positions" won't bust anymore!

Well done.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Jamal Lewis?  Corey Simon.

Jamal Lewis DID win a Super Bowl...?

I'm not really sure what sort of point you're trying to make. You can't look at players in a vacuum and assume Team A would be better with Player B over Player A - unless it's some obvious one such as Tom Brady over Spergon Wynn or something outlandish like that.

You're ignoring circumstances and other personnel. 

• Like 2

Larry Fitzgerald has won 0 Super Bowls.  I guarantee you the Cardinals are closer to a Super Bowl win if they'd taken Rivers. 

You're ignoring that the Cardinals had two elite QBs in Kurt Warner and Carson Palmer. Does Rivers even beat out two guys who have All Pro resumes during their tenure?

• Like 2

Reggie Bush?  Ferguson. 

Reggie Bush won a SB. I don't think Ferguson even played in a single playoff game. 

Holy moly, I love you buddy - but this is "LT is overrated because he might get injured" bad. You need to rethink this one.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, ET80 said:

You're ignoring that the Cardinals had two elite QBs in Kurt Warner and Carson Palmer. Does Rivers even beat out two guys who have All Pro resumes during their tenure?

3rd overall and you have a crystal ball.  You can pick a Hall of Fame receiver or a HOF QB.

Don’t be stupid.  

31 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Jamal Lewis DID win a Super Bowl...?

I'm not really sure what sort of point you're trying to make. You can't look at players in a vacuum and assume Team A would be better with Player B over Player A - unless it's some obvious one such as Tom Brady over Spergon Wynn or something outlandish like that.

You're ignoring circumstances and other personnel. 

You’re forgetting that Jamal Lewis, Torry Holt... These are the exceptions that prove the rule.

What do you think you would find if you looked at teams who drafted QB, OT, EDGE, DL, DB in the top 20 as opposed to WR, TE, IOL...?

25 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Reggie Bush won a SB. I don't think Ferguson even played in a single playoff game. 

Holy moly, I love you buddy - but this is "LT is overrated because he might get injured" bad. You need to rethink this one.

As if Reggie Bush was the reason behind that Saints win.

Ferguson, Bush... Neither of them.  The Saints still win that Super Bowl.

It’s not a bad argument.  You just can’t accept it.  It’s no different than fantasy football as far as broad strokes.  Do you use your first pick on a kicker?  What if that kicker is a Hall of Fame kicker?  If my argument is so bad, you’d be okay with drafting a kicker in the first round if they were a can’t miss prospect.

Are you okay with drafting a kicker in the first round?

You’re going to say that’s different.

Is it?  No.  It’s not different.

Positional value exists.  If you’re drafting a WR and you don’t have a Rodgers, Brady, Brees... You’ve just made a dumb mistake.

If you’re drafting a TE and you don’t have a pass rusher, you’ve just made a dumb mistake.