It’s official Quintricia are gone

Lionized

12 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

" I hope they commit to Quinn and Patricia for another 5+ years to build this thing properly." @TL-TwoWinsAway -11/15/2020

Yep, my belief that changing a culture takes time. (Cultures like ours takes a lot of time.) I don't believe that firing a coach after 2 years is healthy for a franchise. (I didn't want Schwartz fired either.) I'd love for us to find who we believe is the "right" GM, let him select the "right" coach and keep both of those individuals around for a long time. I don't believe that rebuilding every 2-3 years is good for a franchise.

11 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Yep, my belief that changing a culture takes time. (Cultures like ours takes a lot of time.) I don't believe that firing a coach after 2 years is healthy for a franchise. (I didn't want Schwartz fired either.) I'd love for us to find who we believe is the "right" GM, let him select the "right" coach and keep both of those individuals around for a long time. I don't believe that rebuilding every 2-3 years is good for a franchise.

Patricia has once again proven you wrong. We went from a competitive culture to a losing one very quickly once he took over.

An example of something that's actually not healthy for the franchise:

05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

Patricia has once again proven you wrong. We went from a competitive culture to a losing one very quickly once he took over.

Wrong. Again.

We were surprisingly competitive in 2019, both with and without Stafford. We truly fell apart this year.

Unless, of course, you rely on hindsight to form opinions and feel "right"...

30 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Wrong. Again.

We were surprisingly competitive in 2019, both with and without Stafford. We truly fell apart this year.

Unless, of course, you rely on hindsight to form opinions and feel "right"...

Lol. 3 wins isn't competitive. A year characterized by 4th quarter meltdowns and blowouts, isn't competitive.

No amount of rose colored tinting would make any reasonable fan think 2019 was a competitive season.

Again, hindsight just confirms what reasonable fans already knew. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

Lol. 3 wins isn't competitive. A year characterized by 4th quarter meltdowns and blowouts, isn't competitive.

No amount of rose colored tinting would make any reasonable fan think 2019 was a competitive season.

Again, hindsight just confirms what reasonable fans already knew. 

I think it's the words that are throwing you off. There's a difference between "winning games" and "being competitive".

Four. In 2019, there were only four games that we lost by more than 1 possession. Three of those games were without our starting QB. (That means that 12 of our 16 games were either won or lost by 1 possession.)

Our ability to be competitive despite playing without our best player was something that many of us discussed during this offseason.

46 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

Lol. 3 wins isn't competitive.

This is a BEAUTY! Ready for Nnivolcm to argue with... Nnivolcm? On 1/1/2020 at 5:51 PM, @Nnivolcm said:

Define competitive. If it only matters in wins and losses, seems like you're ignoring a lot of context. If you watched the games, the Lions were within a score in the fourth quarter in all but one or two games IIRC. Seems competitive to me.

B-e-a-utiful.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway

31 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I think it's the words that are throwing you off. There's a difference between "winning games" and "being competitive".

Four. In 2019, there were only four games that we lost by more than 1 possession. Three of those games were without our starting QB. (That means that 12 of our 16 games were either won or lost by 1 possession.)

Our ability to be competitive despite playing without our best player was something that many of us discussed during this offseason.

I think it's the definition of the words throwing you off. Competitiveas good as or better than others of a comparable nature.

2019 the season, wasn't a competitive one as you claim. 3-12-1 isn't as good or better than other quality NFL teams. It's the bottom of the barrel. You like to mention games like the KC one as a reason the Lions were competitive. The KC game was a crazy one the Lions had a 99% chance of winning and managed to lose. That is the theme of the Patricia era in Detroit. Pulling unlikely losses from the jaws of victory. That's not competitive. It's one of the many ways Patricia showed he was incompetent and that started much earlier than 2020. 

Just now, Millenhater said:

I think if they get a GM in soon and he locks up KG it will go a long way to mending relationships with the players.  

I don't think they do that until they select a new HC. It's a lot of money to invest into a guy that may or may not fit the offensive scheme. They also haven't decided on what they want to do with Stafford. If they trade away Stafford then you're better suited to not pay KG $18 - $20M, bottom out and then go heavy at WR in the draft/future drafts. 

I do like KG but if he's on an offense built for speed, his game is going to struggle. He'll make plays but he won't be the impactful guy deserving of that kind of contract. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I don't think they do that until they select a new HC. It's a lot of money to invest into a guy that may or may not fit the offensive scheme. They also haven't decided on what they want to do with Stafford. If they trade away Stafford then you're better suited to not pay KG $18 - $20M, bottom out and then go heavy at WR in the draft/future drafts. 

I do like KG but if he's on an offense built for speed, his game is going to struggle. He'll make plays but he won't be the impactful guy deserving of that kind of contract. 

I think the GM will already have his HC.  It will be a package deal.  Similar to John Lynch with Shanahan.  The reason Lynch got the job was in part because Shanahan was in tow.

I somewhat agree about KG if we move on from Stafford but I think surrounding a young QB with talent is also important.  Look at Hopkins in AZ that worked and I don't think Hopkins is a blazer but perhaps i'm wrong on that.

9 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

First off I dont want a coach who has a single system and is unable to adapt/maximize the talent they have.  I also don't want a coach who can't find a way to utilize Kenny's strengths.  Kenny is fast enough and has a catch radius to fit into any offense if the coach has any abilities. 

What I can agree with is it will likely take a lot of money.  I am not big on paying WRs a ton as I feel like they can be replaced easier than other positions.  The injuries are starting to worry me as well but wondering if he is just being extra careful given the contract situation and the fact the season is a bust.  I am sort of hoping we tag him and trade him, although Houston thought the same thing with Hopkins and havent been able to replace him (albeit KG is not DH, but he is our best WR by far).