Santa Clara county rules no practices/games for 3 weeks

N4L

16 minutes ago, N4L said:

The niners had a small outbreak and now the county wants to shut down the team 

This is unbelievable

This isn't just due to the 49ers. It's an overall thing with Covid getting out of control again. 

Terrible season gets even worse though. Just need to get done with this ASAP. 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This isn't just due to the 49ers. It's an overall thing with Covid getting out of control again. 

While that's true, I do believe the fact we had so many guys test positive is the reason we weren't given an exemption

Also, I can't help but feel a big part of this is the city of santa Clara and the county of Santa Clara giving a big middle finger to Jed York for spending 3 million dollars on local elections that changed the rules for city council seats. 

The city and the county hate the 49ers, specifically Jed York. This is getting ugly and this is not the first time York has had some heated relationships behind the scenes 

I want them to play in Vegas 

Just cancel the season already just so we can stop with the injuries, covid and just plain bad luck. And focus on the draft and free agency 
I am calling it now with our luck we better not tie with a team for draft order cause no way we are winning a coin toss at this point 

16 hours ago, N4L said:

Also, I can't help but feel a big part of this is the city of santa Clara and the county of Santa Clara giving a big middle finger to Jed York for spending 3 million dollars on local elections that changed the rules for city council seats. 

The city and the county hate the 49ers, specifically Jed York. This is getting ugly and this is not the first time York has had some heated relationships behind the scenes 

I want them to play in Vegas 

I haven’t lived in the Bay Area in a couple decades so don’t know the politics. What happened between York and the county?

On 11/29/2020 at 1:12 PM, straighthate said:

I haven’t lived in the Bay Area in a couple decades so don’t know the politics. What happened between York and the county?

Nothing specifically with the county itself, but there is a ton of bad blood with the city of santa clara, and I believe that there are many within the county departments that are upset with the 49ers for this reason. 

1) 49ers are leasing Levis from the city. The city owns the stadium

2) there was a provision in the lease to reduce the rent if certain revenues (generated by the stadium) reached a certain threshold by a specified timeframe

3) these thresholds were met, the 49ers tried to pay less/zero rent, and a court battle ensued (I forget the exact result of this, someone else can probably look it up)

4) The city then took a special interest in all of the non-football events that happen at the stadium, and started enforcing extremely strict guidelines with regards to noise and traffic. This caused events at the stadium to have issues, because the county was coming down hard on the 49ers during these events, and **** flows downhill, so in turn the 49ers were very strict with performers to the point the stadium now has a tarnished reputation on that front (see Rolling stones comments re Levis)

5) The city sued the 49ers to gain control of all non-football events held at the stadium, citing a clause in the lease regarding the fact events were 'mis-managed'. I dont believe there has been any resolution here yet

6) Jed York dumped $3,000,000 into support of a bill in the city of Santa Clara that promoted "racial diversity" by mandating that the city council members must be the race of the majority of their constituents within their district of the city, which recently passed. 3 million represented 90%+ of the total money spent on advertising of any bill in the city. The city council was all white women while there were certain pockets of the city that are predominantly asian, so now from my understanding, those city council members will be forced to vacate their seats, with only asian members allowed to run in those districts, which seems unbelievable. Now there are many who are accusing York of "buying" an election and using "racial diversity" of a guise to replace city council members that he did not get along with.  This was recent, as this bill passed a few weeks ago.