Garrett Bolles signs 4 year extension

lomaxgrUK

Good for him, big turnaround.  My only misgiving is refs are calling much less holding this year (league-wide). Im sure a tape junkie can say whether they’ve let a bunch go on him this year, but whatever.

This is a big deal.  LT all the way over to RG is signed for the next 4 years.  Thats the kind of continuity that may actually give a QB the ability to develop into something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, germ-x said:

Great deal.  If he’d have hit the market he may have been the highest paid LT in history.  When I saw he was signed I was fully expecting it to set the market. 

It sounds crazy to say this about a $17 mil per year deal but the Bronco's got the home town discount. I'll bet his wife had a lot to do with it. After all the boo's and beatdowns he actually wanted to be here.

What a great signing!

Interesting to get his reaction.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/broncos-sign-t-garett-bolles-to-4-year-extension

• Like 1

2 hours ago, elliot878 said:

Good for him, big turnaround.  My only misgiving is refs are calling much less holding this year (league-wide). Im sure a tape junkie can say whether they’ve let a bunch go on him this year, but whatever.

This is a big deal.  LT all the way over to RG is signed for the next 4 years.  Thats the kind of continuity that may actually give a QB the ability to develop into something.

Was telling a friend of mine this.  This offense is essentially intact for the foreseeable future if Lock pans out.  Obviously RB is out there, but I’m not one that believes in signing RBs to anything that isn’t a bargain.

Elway gambled and loses 6M on the AAV value vs. the 11M 5th year option, but all things considered, that's a light price.   No way Bolles earned the same market deal as the other 3 ahead of him got, given their duration of top tier play.   But this is a very reasonable deal on both sides - security for him, a fair market deal for the guy who would have entered the market the top T available.  

I said before that if Bolles was going to hold out for top dollar, then a franchise tag was very do-able.  This is a very reasonable compromise on both sides.   It also basically helps Elway deal with Simmons in the same way now.   Will be interesting to see how that shoe drops.

Edited by Broncofan

2 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

One less thing to worry about in the offseason. Nice. Now we just gotta lock up Phil and Simmons.

Locking up Lindsay is in no way a priority. Put a 2nd round tender on him and don’t think twice about it. Simmons, Harris, and Johnson are the priority FA’s before Lindsay, and I’d argue that restructuring Von, Casey, and Jackson take precedent, as well. 

• Like 2