Garrett Bolles signs 4 year extension

lomaxgrUK

3 hours ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Locking up Lindsay is in no way a priority. Put a 2nd round tender on him and don’t think twice about it. Simmons, Harris, and Johnson are the priority FA’s before Lindsay, and I’d argue that restructuring Von, Casey, and Jackson take precedent, as well. 

well you are no fun! 

Lindsay is going to be such a conundrum, isn't he? Homegrown, UDFA underdog and the clear 'sparkplug' of this team. But ...

... He can't pass block and can't pass catch. Unfortunately, he (as a UDFA) is actually proof that RBs are often so replaceable and history has (without any doubt) told us that paying RBs long term is irresponsible.

I agree with @broncosfan_101 - tendering him is the only logical decision. Phil get $3m and we get another year to bide our time. The only deal that may make sense for both parties would be perhaps a short, high % guarantee deal like what Gordon got.

I would be stunned if Lindsay gets paid whilst Gordon is on the team, though. You just can't have that much money tied up in a (by NFL standards) replaceable commodity. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Lindsay is going to be such a conundrum, isn't he? Homegrown, UDFA underdog and the clear 'sparkplug' of this team. But ...

... He can't pass block and can't pass catch. Unfortunately, he (as a UDFA) is actually proof that RBs are often so replaceable and history has (without any doubt) told us that paying RBs long term is irresponsible.

I agree with @broncosfan_101 - tendering him is the only logical decision. Phil get $3m and we get another year to bide our time. The only deal that may make sense for both parties would be perhaps a short, high % guarantee deal like what Gordon got.

I would be stunned if Lindsay gets paid whilst Gordon is on the team, though. You just can't have that much money tied up in a (by NFL standards) replaceable commodity. 

esp when one of the two players sucks

5 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I can think of exactly 3 RB’s that I would give real money to: Dalvin Cook, Christian McCaffrey, and Alvin Kamara. 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2020 at 4:24 AM, lomaxgrUK said:

whilst I agree, wouldn't surprise me if Gordon is gone. He's been far from impressive.

On 11/30/2020 at 4:24 AM, lomaxgrUK said:

I think Lindsay is slightly overrated by the fanbase, largely because of his collegiate connections. Do I think he's a bad player? No, he clearly is a spark plug with a real role on the team. But as you said, can't block, not that effective catching the ball, and it seems he's most effective around 10-12 carries (ish) per game. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Denver drafts an RB relatively early in the draft this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I think with 2 catches on the year his issues as a receiver are nearly as bad as his pass blocking. 

I love the kids running style, but its hard to justify paying someone that only excels in 1 of 3 areas that really matter for a RB. 

His presence on the field makes us completely one-dimensional. Unless you’re Derrick Henry, you’ve gotta offer SOMETHING in the passing game as a running back. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, broncosfan_101 said:

His presence on the field makes us completely one-dimensional. Unless you’re Derrick Henry, you’ve gotta offer SOMETHING in the passing game as a running back. 

I think I saw Lindsay on a swing route a couple times but 90% of the time he runs it. It doesn't help that Lock ignores the checkdown every time.