Saints fined 500k and forfeiture of 7th round pick

LinderFournette

Leave it to the NFL to screw this up too.  I'm not advocating that protocols be ignored, but this celebration was among players and coaches who already had passed a COVID test pregame, so maybe 5 hours prior?  How could someone suddenly be exposed, become contagious, and pass it on that quickly?  If they are going to single this  out, I never want to see the defense run to the end zone and pose in front of the mounted screens ever again.  

• Like 2

So the Saints get punished, yet have an incredibly low positivity rate. Never mind that these guys were all just on the field and sidelines together WITHOUT MASKS.

The Ravens on the other hand... crickets. Titans... crickets. Saints... OH GOD!!! THEY'RE TRYING TO KILL US. THEY PROBABLY HAVE A BOUNTY!!!!

Keep stripping picks and the draft is going to be 1 day.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

This is a slap on the wrist at best

500k and a 7th rounder?

I agree that there are massive inconsistencies, but I'm waiting to see what happens to the other teams before I act like this is unfair

This is basically nothing

Agreed. It's inconsistent, very inconsistent. But, even if it was consistent, this is virtually nothing.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Agreed. It's inconsistent, very inconsistent. But, even if it was consistent, this is virtually nothing.

As a Saints fan this certainly feeds the narrative that Goodell and the league just has it out for this team for whatever reason.  We were in our own locker room, give me a break.  Other teams have done FAR worse with COVID and have gotten far less of a penalty.

This guy is the worst commissioner ever in all of sports, certainly in the NFL. 

• Like 1

Saints and Sean Payton were a repeat offender. That’s why they got docked a 7th round pick.

Are people seriously upset that an extremely rich organization got fined a measly amount of money for not following extremely basic rules? Don’t celebrate without a mask in a close quarters locker-room. That’s how, you know, the virus spreads.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, iknowcool said:

Saints and Sean Payton were a repeat offender.

A Covid specific repeat offender? I know the Saints have their transgressions, but I wasn't aware of any issues on this front (I thought they actually did the right thing when they bubbled up for TC).

Maybe I missed something, I don't know.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Saint_James said:

Other teams have done FAR worse with COVID and have gotten far less of a penalty

Raiders, like the Saints, were a repeat offender and lost a 6th round pick

Ravens will almost certainly be penalized too due to the actions of their coach.

This isn’t that big of a deal, and it’s certainly not unfair in the slightest. Saints and Payton had already been fined and warned. Wearing a mask is literally the most basic thing to do. Saints have no excuses. 

• Like 3