Week 12 - GDT - Saints (8-2) @ Broncos (4-6)

Mid Iowa

I don't know what to say, folks. Can 2020 get any stranger?

The Broncos - due to Covid -  literally have ZERO active QB's today. The Broncos actively tried to activate QB coaches to play QB today. Uh, WHAT? The Broncos also asked for their game to be postponed. All these requests were denied. The game will go on as planned scheduled.

Look for the Saints to lose by 20+ points to a wildcat offense.

In other news, the Saints got popped a 7th round draft pick for dancing in the locker room after the Tampa Bay win without masks. Never mind the NFL is forcing them to play a Covid exposed team today, without masks, even though requests were made to postpone the game. Goodell is part 2020 and has fecal matter in his blood stream.

I can't be the only one worried about our team coming into contact with a team who hasn't been taking Covid completely seriously am I? From reports their QB room was evasive and tried to cover up the fact that they weren't wearing masks. Their HC said they didn't need a QB to be in isolation. It's not that much a stretch to think other position groups did the same too no?

In terms of the game, I think we smoke them. Look if we're half as good a team as we think we are, we should shut down their offense. They have a QB who hasn't thrown a pass in two years. Lets also not forget he is presumeably learning the playbook for the first time in the past 24 hours as a QB. Now I know they have a damn good D on them, but we should give our offense a lot of chances with the ball.

24-6 Saints. No way in hell these guys should score if we're half the team we think we are.

• Like 1

Denver's defense used to be good, I think Von Miller might still be. I have no idea what they're up to this year. I should probably watch more football... 🤔 

Vic Fangio is a name that usually gives our offenses trouble, though. We're down two starting linemen (COVID / concussion). That probably hurts Taysom a lot. Add to it that he is playing in Denver makes me think he'll struggle a bit today. I think we win but probably win pretty ugly. I agree that the final score will be "close" but the game might not feel that way? On the other side, starting an unknown at QB who's never played an NFL game (and has almost zero practice reps) is going to be pretty tough against any kind of NFL defense. We'll see what happens. 

@Canadian Saint I'm with you on the COVID thing as well. I was wondering literally the same thing: how bad is the actual infection in Denver's locker room? They tried to cover everything else up...

It's a little bit of pot calling the kettle black since we just got docked a 7th round pick for not following covid protocols ourselves. Though, I have to say we have been one of the most fortunate teams in the NFL injury-wise and covid-wise this season. That attrition could end up being a big difference maker come playoff team.

This game is gonna be must see tv. I need to see some of these Broncos drives.