Week 12 - GDT - Saints (8-2) @ Broncos (4-6)

Mid Iowa

31 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

So we really need the Bears to pull out a win. With the Rams and Bucs loss, we'd be sitting really well if the Bears can pull out a win.

So my thoughts on Green Bay. They have the all around team, for the most part. If we end up behind them and we play them in Wisconsin in January/February, it will be brutal. BUT, the Packers rely on the pass more than we do, and the conditions will be just as bad for Rogers as they will be for Brees/Hill/Winston. They're primarily a down field passing game, and use the run occasionally after the pass sets up the play action, moreso than using the run to set up a pass. I feel the Saints have a better running game, and use a lot of short throws. And for what ever reason, the balance generally works.

We also have a coach with much more experience in the late season/playoffs.

So, what I'm getting at here is that I'd much rather play Green Bay on the road than play LA, or Seattle, or even Minnesota (wherever) for that matter. Bad JuJu with those teams.

I don't know if any of that makes sense. I'm several drinks in....

2 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

So my thoughts on Green Bay. They have the all around team, for the most part. If we end up behind them and we play them in Wisconsin in January/February, it will be brutal. BUT, the Packers rely on the pass more than we do, and the conditions will be just as bad for Rogers as they will be for Brees/Hill/Winston. They're primarily a down field passing game, and use the run occasionally after the pass sets up the play action, moreso than using the run to set up a pass. I feel the Saints have a better running game, and use a lot of short throws. And for what ever reason, the balance generally works.

We also have a coach with much more experience in the late season/playoffs.

So, what I'm getting at here is that I'd much rather play Green Bay on the road than play LA, or Seattle, or even Minnesota (wherever) for that matter. Bad JuJu with those teams.

I don't know if any of that makes sense. I'm several drinks in....

No you're not wrong and on the money with your analysis. For me however it's the BYE that I really want. A late season BYE, in a season where we had ours early and with possible Covid cases, I'd like a week where we can catch our breath. Rest our team and catch our breath. Maybe it's my bias, but I swear we've seen more injuries this year than in seasons past. Having a week just to heal our players would huge. One BYE per conference in these wacky playoffs really make getting the #1 seed worth it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

No you're not wrong and on the money with your analysis. For me however it's the BYE that I really want. A late season BYE, in a season where we had ours early and with possible Covid cases, I'd like a week where we can catch our breath. Rest our team and catch our breath. Maybe it's my bias, but I swear we've seen more injuries this year than in seasons past. Having a week just to heal our players would huge. One BYE per conference in these wacky playoffs really make getting the #1 seed worth it.

Funny thing is after the #1 seed with the bye, the second most advantageous position to be in might be Wildcard #1 because then you get to play the Eagles? Giants? Whomever crawls out of the NFC East. As much as I would hate to see the Packers keep this team out of a first round bye two seasons in a row, just looking at their respective schedules I can definitely see them making up 1 game on the Saints over the last 5. That Chiefs game looms really large for us right now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

A win is a win...and considering how underwhelming the Saints looked on offense in the 1st quarter, I'll gladly just take a win. Doesn't appear that there were any serious injury...though we will see with Jackrabbit.

Nick Underhill reported it wasn't serious, but no update outside of that.

10 hours ago, Fray32 said:

Funny thing is after the #1 seed with the bye, the second most advantageous position to be in might be Wildcard #1 because then you get to play the Eagles? Giants? Whomever crawls out of the NFC East. As much as I would hate to see the Packers keep this team out of a first round bye two seasons in a row, just looking at their respective schedules I can definitely see them making up 1 game on the Saints over the last 5. That Chiefs game looms really large for us right now.

To be fair, the Eagles (at half of the Monday night game) have barely done better than the Broncos did on us Sunday, and the Eagles have their starting QB...

And yes, I really want the #1 seed, too.

I think we beat the Chiefs, to be honest. By 2 scores.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Big Fish is going to be our #1 TE next season and I'm ready for it.

Interesting. Even if he never develops into a receiving threat, if his blocking ability is as legit as this says then that's still a big get for this team. Nice.

14 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

!!!

Edited by Fray32
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

To be fair, the Eagles (at half of the Monday night game) have barely done better than the Broncos did on us Sunday, and the Eagles have their starting QB...

And yes, I really want the #1 seed, too.

Lookit you goin all bold prediction! 

Depends who's under center for the Saints. I don't have much faith in Taysom going point for point against Mahomie. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SWATcha said:

Depends who's under center for the Saints. I don't have much faith in Taysom going point for point against Mahomie. 

I don't have much faith in anybody to go point for point with Mahomes.

9 hours ago, SWATcha said:

The Chiefs barely got past the Panthers.  Honestly if it wasn't for idiot coaching, they probably lose that game.

Put your faith in Sean Payton.  If he says Taysom gives us the best chance to win that game, that's good as gold for me.  He certainly makes the Saints offense harder to defend, especially in the red zone. 

• Like 1