Week 12 - GDT - Saints (8-2) @ Broncos (4-6)

Mid Iowa

I think the play calling early hurt Taysom. Let the guy get into a rhythm. He was much better second half when they let him throw the ball, I didn't understand that game plan at all in the first half. They have no QB...If you get a lead early you put them away. Only way that game was going to be close is if they played right into their hand and tried to also play the control the clock game...and they did.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I think the play calling early hurt Taysom. Let the guy get into a rhythm. He was much better second half when they let him throw the ball, I didn't understand that game plan at all in the first half. They have no QB...If you get a lead early you put them away. Only way that game was going to be close is if they played right into their hand and tried to also play the control the clock game...and they did.

Yeah definitely wasn't a fan of the playcalling for much of the game, but Sean Payton pretty much said it was completely by design to just go into a all out run heavy offense to avoid any turnovers that would let the Broncos into the game, which I suppose is fair to an extent. I'd imagine he has nowhere near the trust in guys like Hill/Winston that he does in Brees to execute without a costly turnover. Very frustrating game to watch though.

I still am concerned about Hill's ability to pass the ball. His ball placement hasn't been good, like to the point he struggles to run any sort of screen play. If I'm not mistaken, he is about 0 for 4 the past 2 weeks trying to execute on a screens/quick passes to Kamara where he has either missed the throw, or been so off on the throw Kamara has to completely change course to catch ball and is swarmed by the defense by the time he gets it. It just doesn't seem like Hill can quickly process his reads the past couple weeks. I don't think we have a sustainable offense with him behind center unless he drastically improves, but I'm doubtful that happens. I get he's barely had any time as a starter, but he just looks like a deer in the headlights far too often for my liking when dropping back to pass. Hope Payton goes to Winston if Hill starts to struggle this week.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 11:30 AM, Canadian Saint said:

Looks like Armstead is starting to get symptomatic. We might be without him for longer than anticipated.

He tested positive on Saturday (which is why he didn't travel with the team) and is asymptomatic, so he could return fairly quickly. Asymptomatic requires 5 days of isolation, so he could possibly be back for the Falcons game, and definitely for the Eagles game.

13 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

He tested positive on Saturday (which is why he didn't travel with the team) and is asymptomatic, so he could return fairly quickly. Asymptomatic requires 5 days of isolation, so he could possibly be back for the Falcons game, and definitely for the Eagles game.

He was on twitter recently stating he’s starting to feel the infection. That’s why I said he might be out for a while. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

He was on twitter recently stating he’s starting to feel the infection. That’s why I said he might be out for a while. 

Ah, I hadn't heard that part yet. Thanks for that.
Hope he gets through quickly and without lingering affects.

• Like 1