2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

Just like we saw with Ben Simmons who went to LSU when his god father just so happened to be on the coaching staff, he later admitted that he didn't ever even attend a class while there. 

And Markelle Fultz who had a family connection to someone on the Washington coaching staff then it was later revealed that he had received money while he was there. 

10 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

you said he committed knowing they were ineligible, i said that wasn't true, i proved it wasn't true

the rest of this doesn't interest me

So the University was well aware something was coming as they had fired the assistant in 2017 when he was arrested. Then they received the notice of allegations in November 2019, right around the time that Cade was going to make his college decision. And if anyone would've known about it, Cade definitely would have considering that his brother was already on the staff at the time. He easily could've gotten out of his LOI just like Yor Anei did 11 days after the ban was announced and he was able to play at SMU this season, lol. 

But again, from the jump Cade's decision to go to Oklahoma State had nothing to do with basketball. He didn't care about winning and the program, including his brother an assistant there, was well aware that they could receive a post-season ban. The program hadn't even won a tournament game in the previous 5 years before he arrived. Dude went there to get cashed out through his brother. Which again, is a red flag to me personally, because it shows that he clearly doesn't care about winning. And even with him being a "generational talent" he really didn't have a huge impact for them. Maybe an okay team into a pretty okay team, lol.

"The University is stunned by the severity of the penalties and strongly disagrees with them," the school said in a statement. "The penalties do not align with the facts and are unfair and unjust. The NCAA agreed with OSU that Lamont Evans acted alone and for his own personal gain. Evans was terminated by OSU on Sept. 28, 2017, within 72 hours of learning of allegations against him.

Evans was among four assistant coaches arrested in September 2017 following an FBI investigation into bribes and other corruption in college basketball recruiting.

In a notice of allegations sent to Oklahoma State in November, the NCAA alleged that Evans "violated the NCAA principles of ethical conduct when he knowingly solicited and received benefits for facilitating or arranging a meeting between student-athletes and financial advisors" from April 2016 to September 2017.

Oklahoma State coach Mike Boynton said he will support Cunningham and whatever decision he makes about his future after Friday's news.

"We're going to have conversations over the next few days, weeks," Boynton said on a conference call. "We're gonna try to look at all the options, whatever they are: G-League, overseas, transfer to another school, stay at Oklahoma State. ... Whatever he decides is best for his future, I'm gonna support 100%."

Edited by NYRaider

If anything I'd say Cade had a negative impact on the OK State program. Their postseason ban was pushed back a year which was one of the main reasons they landed 0 HS commitments in their 2021 recruiting class. And why their coach threw some shade at Cade's brother when he announced he was bouncing as soon as Cade declared, lmao.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

A guy that's "all about winning" and "the next LeBron who just makes everyone around him so much better" elevated an 18 win team to a 21 win team. @Kirill

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say Cade Cunningham took his team from a .563 winning percentage to .700?

A .389 winning percentage in conference the year before to a .691 with him?

Would it be more accurate to say Jalen Green won 8 games or that he had a winning percentage of .533?

Jalen Green lost to the Rio Grande Vipers after posting 6-16 (37.5%) from the field, 0-7 (0%) from 3PT, 3 REB, 3 AST, 2 STL, and 6 TO in 40 mins. #NotAWinningPlayer #DemoteHimToFLeague #OutplayedByADudeWithTwoFirstNames

You see how dumb this sounds? @NYRaider

The vendetta against Cade is weird. Duke wasn't even in his final top 5 schools. I don't get it.

14 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Jalen Green lost to the Rio Grande Vipers after posting 6-16 (37.5%) from the field, 0-7 (0%) from 3PT, 3 REB, 3 AST, 2 STL, and 6 TO in 40 mins. #NotAWinningPlayer #DemoteHimToFLeague #OutplayedByADudeWithTwoFirstNames

The vendetta against Cade is weird. Duke wasn't even in his final top 5 schools. I don't get it.

Cade going to Oklahoma State was a weak move on his part, he's not the next LeBron like everyone here, who probably hasn't ever even actually seen him play, seems to think, lol. 

25 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say Cade Cunningham took his team from a .563 winning percentage to .700?

A .389 winning percentage in conference the year before to a .691 with him?

Would it be more accurate to say Jalen Green won 8 games or that he had a winning percentage of .533?

I'd say that LeBron 2.0 is worth 3 wins.

16 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

My point in all of this has been that Cade is promoted as a LeBron type player that makes everyone around him better by guys such as @Kirill but he had a negative assist/to ratio and the team really wasn't that much better with him then the year before without him. And as I posted earlier the guys who didn't push their team to great seasons/tournament success and went #1, have typically busted in the league. 

3 hours ago, Kirill said:

Cade is like a mini lebron. He will elevate his teammates. And him being younger fits the timeline better too. I like Shai but his star stretch is tiny so far. Cade has been that guy his entire career so far 

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Nobody thinks this lmao