2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

3 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Well, and Lou is a better passer and better defender.  

The fact that Lou Williams and Brad Beal are both -0.9 DBPM players for their careers while Beal has played 10 more MPG is telling about their defense. If Lou was a starting 2 guard that played 34 mpg his DBPM would be closer to Sexton's. Lou is a career 14.3 ppg guy on 42% FG and has averaged 3.5 assists. Beal is a career 22.0 ppg on 46% FG and has averaged 4.0 assists. 

Situational awareness is also important in all of this in 8/9 years Beal has played with a ball dominant PG in Wall or Westbrook. His job wasn't to be the primary ball handler. The one year he only had Wall for half the year he averaged 5.5 assists per game and when he didn't have either one for the full season he averaged 6.1 assists while also scoring 30.5 ppg. 

Lou Williams has always been an instant offense, 6th man, primary ball handler...

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Chad Ford is one of the last people I listen to IRT the draft process. There's a reason he's an independent analyst now... 

Wasn't Chad Ford making the comments, it was a draft analyst that came onto his podcast. And watching Cade trying to take dudes off the dribble at times last season was like watching Kyle Anderson. 

Just now, catcheryea said:

also that was not chad ford making those points, it was his guest

and it's laughable that you're presenting his even more laughable findings as good points

this is a pretty good summation

The most telling thing about Cade is that he was in the 42nd percentile in transition, which will be the worst for a guard/wing ever taken in the top 3. And had a negative assist/to ratio when he's supposed to be Luka Doncic. 

My favorite thing (sarcasm) about the draft process is prospect fatigue. People attempting to bring down Cade to pump up Green. Not every player is the same nor offers the same impact. Cade played on a horrible Oklahoma State team so taking a microscope to his numbers there is just beyond naive. His ATO would've been much higher playing on a team that had any semblance of offensive balance or another legitimate player. The spacing in the NBA game is vastly different than the college game.

Cade is an extremely high floor player and his upside is still top 10-15 player in the league. It's the draft process and people are trying to generate clicks. It literally boils down to what you want in a player. 

I have literally said several times to not put much weight into collegiate stats since the situations aren't comparable due to talent discrepancy and the spacing of the game. 

Jalen Green may be an elite scorer at some point in his career but he's an entirely different player/profile than Cade. Do you want a playmaker that can give you 20+ a night and hit difficult shots or do you want someone like Zach LaVine? 

Cade's the #1 player in this class, no question about it. Microscope his numbers all you want, you can't teach his skillset. 

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Cade's the #1 player in this class, no question about it. Microscope his numbers all you want, you can't teach his skillset. 

He has that Kyle Anderson level athleticism. I remember people trying to blame Ben's bad traits on his bad LSU team. Well maybe his family shouldn't have cashed the check and let him play for a good program.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

He has that Kyle Anderson level athleticism. I remember people trying to blame Ben's bad traits on his bad LSU team. Well maybe his family shouldn't have cashed the check and let him play for a good program.

lol you speak so much in hyperbole, it's pure entertainment at this point. He's more in line with Luka than Anderson and you know it. Quit being a turd to everyone that doesn't share your opinions and you probably wouldn't be in pages long, multiple day "debates" so damn much.

Cade is going to be a stud. I have no doubt in my mind.

33 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The best year of Lou Will's career he averaged 22.6 ppg on 42% FG and was a -1.8 DBPM. 

When Beal was with peak Wall for 2 seasons he averaged 23.1 ppg on 48% FG and 22.6 ppg on 46% FG while being a -1.0 DBPM and -0.7 DBPM. 

Your hate for Beal is weird, lol.

Lou Will had a higher OBPM and a much higher DBPM than Beal's best year that year.  Just using your numbers against you.  You brought that into it. Having more shots a game is all Beal has on Lou. 

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

My favorite thing (sarcasm) about the draft process is prospect fatigue.

This draft reminds me a lot of classes like 2007, 2016, and 2018. Where the media has just slobbed on a guy so much all year as the best prospect even though there was another guy who clearly had the tools that translated better to the next level. In 2007 it was Oden over Durant, in 2016 it was Simmons over Ingram, and in 2018 it was Ayton over Luka. 

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

Lou Will had a higher OBPM and a much higher DBPM than Beal's best year that year.  Just using your numbers against you.  You brought that into it. Having more shots a game is all Beal has on Lou. 

You're right, Lou Williams is better than Beal. Not sure why you'd want Cade then since he can't even score efficiently in the Big 12, he'll be worse than Sexton.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lol you speak so much in hyperbole, it's pure entertainment at this point. He's more in line with Luka than Anderson and you know it. Quit being a turd to everyone that doesn't share your opinions and you probably wouldn't be in pages long, multiple day "debates" so damn much.

Cade is going to be a stud. I have no doubt in my mind.

Cade couldn't hold Luka's gym bag as a prospect. Luka was the MVP in the second best league in the world at 18 years old. Cade Cunningham wasn't even the best player in the Big 12 last year, lol.