2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

7 hours ago, FGK said:

I'd take Green #1. And I like Cunningham a ton as a prospect. For me it boils down to ceiling/floor and I see Green having a higher ceiling and about the same floor (that's way oversimplifying but I'm low on time lol.)

One person that understands and doesn't just say Cade's the best because that's what ESPN has told me for the last 8 months. I like Cade but the big swing factor for Jalen is that he's an elite athlete amongst elite athletes. When you watch Cade play you can just tell that he doesn't have the juice and that was in the Big 12.  

• Like 1

I'm not a huge fan of Chad "change the board" Ford but he did make a good point about Cade to Detroit on a recent podcast. If they do keep the pick and take Cade he's obviously a good player. But he is pretty average athletically as are the other young players that the Pistons have on their roster in guys like Bey, Hayes, and Stewart. So the Pistons would really have one of the least athletic young cores in basketball. @Sllim Pickens

• Like 1

Scottie to Toronto? 

I don’t think [Jalen Suggs to the Raptors] pick is a done deal yet. Sources certainly believe the Raptors are indeed considering Scottie Barnes in addition to the consensus top-four names. Additionally, this pick is thought to be available for the right price in a trade-down scenario. But Suggs at No. 4 would be a home run for the Raptor

Wagner to Sacramento? 

Three things have consistently come up when discussing what the Kings are thinking with sources around the league. First, that they would love to take a bigger wing/forward. Second, that defense is important to them in this pick. And third, that analytics will play a bigger role here than in other situations league-wide, given Monte McNair’s background and ownership’s emphasis on being data-driven. Franz Wagner is the guy that ticks all the boxes there as a 6-foot-9 player with real defensive acumen who is actually younger than quite a few of the one-and-dones in this class. This pick is also thought to have come up in trade discussions as the Kings look to compete for a playoff spot next year.

Edited by NYRaider

21 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

#2 and Christian Wood back to Detroit for #1. 

hold on doing the math real quick

troy weaver is going to swap a more valuable asset for a less valuable asset and a guy he already decided he didn’t want to give literally the exact contract he now has?

1 minute ago, catcheryea said:

hold on doing the math real quick

troy weaver is going to swap a more valuable asset for a less valuable asset and a guy he already decided he didn’t want to give literally the exact contract he now has?

It was a joke. I could see Detroit swapping Cade for Green and other assets though.

According to Sam Vecenie teams are super high on Scottie Barnes, some even have him graded higher than Suggs, Green, and Mobley. 

He said that Kuminga is the biggest wild card of the draft and thinks he could fall as low as #12. 

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

According to Sam Vecenie teams are super high on Scottie Barnes, some even have him graded higher than Suggs, Green, and Mobley. 

He said that Kuminga is the biggest wild card of the draft and thinks he could fall as low as #12. 

Suggs 5 and Kuminga 8. Sign daddy up.

20 hours ago, NYRaider said:

One person that understands and doesn't just say Cade's the best because that's what ESPN has told me for the last 8 months. I like Cade but the big swing factor for Jalen is that he's an elite athlete amongst elite athletes. When you watch Cade play you can just tell that he doesn't have the juice and that was in the Big 12.  

Yea your synergy stats didn’t help cade either. But hey he was on a **** team.