2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

42 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Everything I've heard is that OKC is enamored with Scottie Barnes. 

There seems to be a big-3, then a big-4 in the next tier depending on what teams think of Bouknight.  After 7 things get dim. 

OKC could go position-less with Dort, Poku and Barnes but I’d cash those chips in and get Mobley.  

Just now, DirtyDez said:

There seems to be a big-3, then a big-4 in the next tier depending on what teams think of Bouknight.  After 7 things get dim. 

OKC could go position-less with Dort, Poku and Barnes but I’d cash those chips in and get Mobley.  

I'd bet my life savings that Cade/Green/Mobley/Suggs are the top 4 picks followed by Kuminga/Barnes in some order, just depends on who the Magic like more, with the other going to OKC. 

After the top 6 is where it gets murky, especially since the Warriors have the pick and are actively shopping it. 

As I've said before I think this years draft is going to be one of the craziest drafts ever, a lot of guys will go a lot higher/lower than currently projected in mocks. 

I don't think Cleveland trades #3 unless they get an insane offer from someone. Mobley would be the run away #1 pick in most drafts and the difference between Mobley and a prospect like Barnes or Bouknight is pretty significant. 

I wasn't huge on Barnes during the year but I like him a lot now. He has a ways to go as a shooter/scorer but even with his lack of shooting I think he has one of the higher floor's in the draft. He projects as an All-NBA level defender that can switch 1-4 and even play some small ball 5. And there aren't a ton of guys that are 6'9" who can run the pick-n-roll as a ball handler and be a primary ball handler. Unfortunately for Barnes, Simmons playoff struggles didn't improve the stock of players in his archetype. 

The Warriors are working out Davion Mitchell, Moses Moody, Chris Duarte, and Trey Murphy today. 

If they end up keeping the 7th pick I think they'll take Josh Giddey. They were reportedly enamored with Deni Avdija last year and saw how Lonzo Ball played coming out of the same league. I think he has similar traits to both of those guys and could play a similar role to what Livingston did when he was there. 

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Warriors are working out Davion Mitchell, Moses Moody, Chris Duarte, and Trey Murphy today. 

If they end up keeping the 7th pick I think they'll take Josh Giddey. They were reportedly enamored with Deni Avdija last year and saw how Lonzo Ball played coming out of the same league. I think he has similar traits to both of those guys and could play a similar role to what Livingston did when he was there. 

Josh giddy will bust because his name is josh no way he goes 7th

1 minute ago, Kirill said:

Josh giddy will bust because his name is josh no way he goes 7th

A lot comes down to preference after the top 6 prospects. Not much separating guys like Giddey, Mitchell, Moody, Johnson, and Bouknight. 

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

how legit is siegel?

Never heard of him but I think the Rockets are locked in on Cade or Green. The fact that Suggs/Mobley declined the chance to even workout for Houston proves as much, imo.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Never heard of him but I think the Rockets are locked in on Cade or Green. The fact that Suggs/Mobley declined the chance to even workout for Houston proves as much, imo.

Houston owner is also the worst in the league. He’s one of those shut the hell up and play kinda owners who also refuses to pay the tax

5 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Houston owner is also the worst in the league. He’s one of those shut the hell up and play kinda owners who also refuses to pay the tax

The Rockets had a window with Harden, were aggressive making moves, and it didn't work out. Why would he pay the luxury tax for a team that's rebuilding? And why would he take Suggs or Mobley over Green?

12 minutes ago, brownie man said:

People are really sleeping on Kuminga man

He is Going to be really really good if he gets a decent coaching staff. 

Green's success in the G-League hurt all of the other guys that went that route, imo. During the early practices and scrimmages before the bubble was announced Kuminga was reportedly the best player on the court. A 13 game sample size, especially in a bubble setting on a team consisting primarily of other HS aged players playing against pros, is extremely small. 

You can split his season down the middle, he had 6 games he played well in, 7 games that he struggled in when you're looking at his efficiency numbers. 

In the 6 he played well in he averaged 20 ppg, 7 rpg, 3.5 apg on 46%/25% splits. In the 7 he struggled in he averaged 12.5 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 2.1 apg on 30%/20% splits. 

It's the flashes that excite people, you can't teach his physical tools. People also forget that he reclassified, he should've been a senior in HS this season. When making comparisons for him you can't compare him to what guys like Jaylen Brown, Jimmy Butler, and Kawhi Leonard currently are, you have to look at what they were at 18-19. Brown was a 29% 3P shooter his freshman season at Cal, Kawhi was a 20% 3P shooter his freshman season at SDSU, and Butler was 0/4 from 3 his freshman season at Marquette. 

Edited by NYRaider

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

Houston should stay at 2 and get the best player in the draft in Green. 

Agreed. This is an Oden/Durant type of situation where the team picking 2nd actually gets blessed with the best player in the draft because the team picking 1st won't go against the grain.