2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He's a mini LeBron mixed with Luka according to y'all.

Luka's game is nothing like Lebron other than filling up the stat sheet and being successful at a young age.

Luka's game resembles Harden more than anyone.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

My point in all of this has been that Cade is promoted as a LeBron type player that makes everyone around him better by guys such as @Kirill but he had a negative assist/to ratio and the team really wasn't that much better with him then the year before without him. And as I posted earlier the guys who didn't push their team to great seasons/tournament success and went #1, have typically busted in the league. 

To be fair, he did lead his team to the B12 championship game in the tourney, beating the eventual national champion Baylor squad on the way.  For OSU, they will never see that again and never had before.  Cade is a great player.  He will probably make players better at the next level since they can hit open shots.  His team was bad. His decision making is what makes me nervous about him at 1 but he had shown in HS on a team filled with great players that he can pass the ball and stand out amongst them.  He very well could be the best player in this draft.  He probably is right now.  But like you I agree that Green has a higher ceiling.  I love the mentality of Green and he has proven it against better competition.  Yes both have had bad games, both have had great games, and given the high floor I believe is there after seeing Green in the G League, I would risk it on him because of the upside.  But that doesn't make Cade a bad player or a bad option for Detroit/Houston if he is the pick. He still is the safer pick for a GM and he deserves it. But is also understandable why some may like Green more. 

5 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

A Mini LeBron ain't LeBron and comparing anyone to LeBron is silly.

I just meant from the standpoint of being a coach on the floor and having that personality. The kid is a way better shooter than LeBron was

10 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

If that Pistons/Thunder rumor true, the fact the Pistons declined that trade tells me they taking Cade 1st overall and they wanting a crap ton for the 1st overall pick. 

Not really.  If they really like Cade or Green, and don't love prospects outside of the top 4, why would they do that?  Shai is solid but he has two years left before getting paid and his 35 game sample size on a bad team isn't enough to sway me yet that he can be a top 15 player.  He doesn't make us a contender either and we have a young PG that we really like.  Its a strong offer, but when you are talking the drop off in talent from the top 2/3 to 6, thats huge.   

16 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Grayson Allen, #10, Lakers 2022 1st to OKC for #6 @seminoles1 @Kirill

Why? Grayson Allen is a bench/role player, and the Lakers 2022 1st is likely a late 1st.  At #6 OKC has a better chance of getting close to elite talent than at 10.  Only do this if there is like 3-4 guys they have similarly rated all still available at 6.

9 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Not really.  If they really like Cade or Green, and don't love prospects outside of the top 4, why would they do that?  Shai is solid but he has two years left before getting paid and his 35 game sample size on a bad team isn't enough to sway me yet that he can be a top 15 player.  He doesn't make us a contender either and we have a young PG that we really like.  Its a strong offer, but when you are talking the drop off in talent from the top 2/3 to 6, thats huge.   

We know OKC is taking Cade in that scenario. This tells me they (Pistons) think Cade can become a franchise player and Shai will never reach that level.  Pistons are smart to reject this trade if its indeed true. 

Edited by Texansfan713