2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

39 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

We know OKC is taking Cade in that scenario. This tells me they (Pistons) think Cade can become a franchise player and Shai will never reach that level.  Pistons are smart to reject this trade if its indeed true. 

Cade, Green and Mobley is who they have been focused on.  They believe one or all three are franchise players and think Shai is not.  I agree that Shai is not, but could be a very good #2 like a Kris Middleton, but I think Cade or Green can be the lead man on a winning team.  I think they would take a significantly lesser deal to drop to 2 and still get Green over Shai and whatever lands at 6. Albeit Shai and Kuminga could be a solid addition, I don't know if it has the same upside as Green/Cade. 

59 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Per our sources, @FinneasGageand I are reporting the Raptors will be selecting Scottie Barnes at 4th overall.

I don't think that would necessarily be wrong when we look back on this draft with hindsight in 3-4 years. He could be another Shawn Marion if he gets his shot down.

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

My point in all of this has been that Cade is promoted as a LeBron type player that makes everyone around him better by guys such as @Kirill but he had a negative assist/to ratio and the team really wasn't that much better with him then the year before without him. And as I posted earlier the guys who didn't push their team to great seasons/tournament success and went #1, have typically busted in the league. 

Oklahoma State lost 5 of their top 6 players in minutes played (all of them starters/spot starters) and improved their winning percentage by .137, and .222 in conference. In other words, a mediocre team lost most of their rotation, including their best player/leading scorer/leading rebounder, and despite that improved a good amount and made it to the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament. That shows clear impact.

Edited by Bullet Club

Some of you guys are understating the type of season SGA just had. 24/6/5 on 51/42/81 shooting splits? I mean if Detroit thinks Cade will be better, that's fine...But SGA was super nice and shot the crap out of the ball with high volume. 

Other teams should try to see if they can get in the SGA market, if he is available for the right price. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

This is a good point. For the fans and the business side, Cade is the easy decision. He sells tickets and gets the fans much more excited than Shai + #6.

I would be semi interested if Kuminga made it to 6.  Shai and Kuminga plus I am guessing we would make them throw in some future picks since they have so many to sweeten it but that could make for a really good team.  Shai did shoot well enough to be a solid SG who can distribute sort of like Cade, and adding that plus Kuminga could be huge long term.  But I still think the excitement of Cade/Green outweighs that and both would be better fits for us.  

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Some of you guys are understating the type of season SGA just had. 24/6/5 on 51/42/81 shooting splits? I mean if Detroit thinks Cade will be better, that's fine...But SGA was super nice and shot the crap out of the ball with high volume. 

Other teams should try to see if they can get in the SGA market, if he is available for the right price. 

It was a very good year, albeit was over 35 games.  Not sure he could sustain the efficiency over a full length season but he does have length to get his shot off and has consistently improved.  I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I also wouldn't be nearly as excited. 

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

It was a very good year, albeit was over 35 games.  Not sure he could sustain the efficiency over a full length season but he does have length to get his shot off and has consistently improved.  I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I also wouldn't be nearly as excited. 

I mean he's going to have to prove he can do it for the entirety of the season but he's damn good regardless. We shall see if Cade can ever become a superstar but my post was more so to the people that likely didn't watch much of SGA last season and missed out on how good he was. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean he's going to have to prove he can do it for the entirety of the season but he's damn good regardless. We shall see if Cade can ever become a superstar but my post was more so to the people that likely didn't watch much of SGA last season and missed out on how good he was. 

He's really good, and has improved a lot each year. I can see both sides of the deal. Cade might never become what SGA is now. SGA is only 22, probably a top 30ish player and could become a superstar. You also have to pay SGA pretty much immediately as opposed to four years of below market value on Cade, and 6 is where the alleged drop off of draft quality occurs.

That's not even factoring in the ticket stuff mentioned above or whether SGA becomes jaded about organizational loyalty playing for three teams in four years. I think there is a strong case for both sides of the move.

• Like 1

SGA is a number 3 option on a legit playoff team at best.  Thats not worth pick 1. Pick 1 you better be getting a Zion/Luka type player back.   Ray Allen was traded for the 5th pick in 07 and Allen was a much better player at the time than SAW is. 

Edited by Texansfan713

2 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

SGA is a number 3 option on a legit playoff team at best.  Thats not worth pick 1. Pick 1 you better be getting a Zion/Luka type player back.   Ray Allen was traded for the 5th pick in 07 and Allen was a much better player at the time than SAW is. 

I mean...he's 22 and better than half of the #1 picks of the last decade.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Ray Allen was also 31 at the time and pushing his way out of town.  And the three years previous to that he had not shot as efficiently or had as good of pts/ast/reb numbers as Shai did last year.  He can definitely be a #2 on a championship team if Middleton can be.  

8 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

He's really good, and has improved a lot each year. I can see both sides of the deal. Cade might never become what SGA is now. SGA is only 22, probably a top 30ish player and could become a superstar. You also have to pay SGA pretty much immediately as opposed to four years of below market value on Cade, and 6 is where the alleged drop off of draft quality occurs.

That's not even factoring in the ticket stuff mentioned above or whether SGA becomes jaded about organizational loyalty playing for three teams in four years. I think there is a strong case for both sides of the move.

Cade is 6'8 and depending on how he develops, will have a better chance to be more impactful in the playoffs. Look at the best playoff performers and their size. Bron/KD/Giannis/Kawhi are all big wings essentially and in the case of Giannis, he's just a different type of athlete. Then Luka is a huge guard himself and so far has had two excellent series. So it makes sense for Detroit for wanting to go with Cade. I'm not even saying they should accept the trade, but I just didn't and don't think people realize how good SGA is. He's made big jumps in every single year he's been in the league. Bright future even if he doesn't get much better than what he is right now.