2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Suggs shooting consistency last season was pretty damn bad. He had a few good shooting games but couldn't consistently hit the 3. Like half of his 3PM came in 4 games, in their other 26 games he averaged 0.7 3PM at a 23% clip, and like 20% of his 3PM were in a single game, lol. Lonzo Ball shot 41% from 3 at UCLA and struggled with efficiency his first 2 years in the league, every player is different. MCW was also ROY with a similar stat line to LaMelo. 

He has gotten a little overrated in the draft process, jack of all trades, master of none. 

Again, stop dying on the hill of looking at college numbers. You said Suggs can't shoot at all which is laughable. 19 year olds aren't finished products as shooters. He's not going to have to completely change his shooting form as you see sometimes with young prospects. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Again, stop dying on the hill of looking at college numbers. You said Suggs can't shoot at all which is laughable. 19 year olds aren't finished products as shooters. He's not going to have to completely change his shooting form as you see sometimes with young prospects. 

It's not just his college numbers, in the 5 Team USA events he participated in he shot 24% from 3 and in his final season of AAU basketball he shot 30% from 3. It's laughable to think that a guy who for 2/3 of the season made 0.4 3's at a 16% clip is going to have trouble shooting in the NBA?

Just now, NYRaider said:

It's not just his college numbers, in the 5 Team USA events he participated in he shot 24% from 3 and in his final season of AAU basketball he shot 30% from 3. It's laughable to think that a guy who for 2/3 of the season made 0.4 3's at a 16% clip is going to have trouble shooting in the NBA?

It is laughable to say "he can't shoot, like at all." LIS, we can revisit this in three years but I'm damn sure not dying on that hill. Good luck with that. 

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It is laughable to say "he can't shoot, like at all." LIS, we can revisit this in three years but I'm damn sure not dying on that hill. Good luck with that. 

He will definitely have issues with 3P shooting early in his career, he was not a good 3P shooter in HS, AAU, for Team USA, or at Gonzaga. 

Watch where it starts.

Edited by NYRaider

To be fair though @J-ALL-DAY I think Golden State is the perfect fit for Suggs. I really don't see him as a star, more of a top end role player. He'll be able to play with Curry/Klay and lead the second unit when they're off the floor. He's just not a guy that I'd draft and expect to be a cornerstone piece. How do you feel about giving up Wiseman to move up 3 spots though? 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

To be fair though @J-ALL-DAY I think Golden State is the perfect fit for Suggs. I really don't see him as a star, more of a top end role player. He'll be able to play with Curry/Klay and lead the second unit when they're off the floor. He's just not a guy that I'd draft and expect to be a cornerstone piece. How do you feel about giving up Wiseman to move up 3 spots though? 

I don't see the team moving Wiseman unless it nets them back someone like Dame or Beal or someone of that caliber. 

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I really hope Primo or Christopher drop to #40.

I think Primo got a 1st round promise, tbh. I could see Christopher falling though. Joe Wieskamp would be a nice pick at #40, he's basically a Duncan Robinson clone. 

22 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't see the team moving Wiseman unless it nets them back someone like Dame or Beal or someone of that caliber. 

The tweet you just posted said the Warriors are considering packaging Wiseman + #7 for #4 though. 

The Cleveland Cavaliers have shown more willingness to move out of the top-3 than either the Detroit Pistons or Houston Rockets. The Cavaliers are further along in their hopes of competing for a playoff spot than either the Pistons or Rockets. If the Oklahoma City Thunder are able to move up, the Cavaliers are the most likely trade partner. The question is whether the Thunder would agree to send Shai Gilgeous-Alexander in a package for No. 3. “I’d personally stay where I’m at and take Evan Mobley or Jalen Green,” one GM said. “As much as I love Shai, he’s not quite at the same level those guys are and the Cavs really need a star.

@Kirill @H2ThaIzzo @brownie man

Cavaliers receive: SGA, #6, #16

Thunder receive: Kevin Love, Collin Sexton, #3