2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If the Thunder were willing to make that trade I'd take that in a heart beat if I'm Cleveland. 

The fact we can get out of Loves contract would be amazing. 

if Kuminga is there at 6 I’m definitely doing that. 

25 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Assuming Memphis stands pat at #10/#40 I think the two most ideal outcomes would be:

#10: Moses Moody / #40: Josh Christopher

#10: Keon Johnson / #40: Joe Wieskamp

@seminoles1

How is Moody at creating? If he's BPA then I guess I'm on board, but I feel he'd be redundant with Brooks and Bane since I mostly have seen him listed as a 3&D.

Think I'd rather swing on Ziaire than Moses if that's the case.

3 minutes ago, brownie man said:

The fact we can get out of Loves contract would be amazing. 

if Kuminga is there at 6 I’m definitely doing that. 

Plus I think SGA is a better fit next to Garland because he's a bigger guard that can defend 2/3s. In that scenario if you were then able to land Kuminga at #6, you'd have a very solid young core. 

Garland - SGA - Okoro - Kuminga - Allen

Just now, seminoles1 said:

How is Moody at creating? If he's BPA then I guess I'm on board, but I feel he'd be redundant with Brooks and Bane since I mostly have seen him listed as a 3&D.

Think I'd rather swing on Ziaire than Moses if that's the case.

I think Moody's upside is a Khris Middleton type of player. He's 2 years younger than Bouknight and their numbers were pretty similar despite Moody being viewed as a non playmaker. 

In isolation: Moody (6/19 FG) | Bouknight (7/20 FG)

As a p-n-r ball handler: Moody (12/21) | Bouknight (18/49)

Catch & Shoot: Moody (48/133) | Bouknight (8/37)

Shots off the bounce: Moody (24/62) | Bouknight (21/63)

While both guys averaged like 1.7 apg. 

Moody is also 6'6" 210 with a 7'1" wingspan and plays defense. Bouknight is 6'4.5" with a 6'8" wingspan and was inconsistent defensively. 

If you're going to take a swing on a raw prospect I think Keon Johnson is way safer than Ziarie Williams, I see a ton of Cam Reddish in Ziarie. 

12 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Ever think of starting your own thread? You've posted 9x more than the 2nd most person in this thread lol

I love college basketball and the NBA draft. If you don't want to read it, you don't have too.

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I love college basketball and the NBA draft. If you don't want to read it, you don't have too.

I think you could have your own thread bro. You’ve got good opinions and you definitely care about ball. 

A few guys have their own in the NFL draft thread. I definitely think there’s room for one in basketball. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I think you could have your own thread bro. You’ve got good opinions and you definitely care about ball. 

A few guys have their own in the NFL draft thread. I definitely think there’s room for one in basketball. 

That's a stretch

@NYRaider 😉

11 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I agree, but I just don't think there's enough discussion in the Basketball forum for two separate NBA Draft threads. This is essentially already his thread.

• Like 1

I agree, but I just don't think there's enough discussion in the Basketball forum for two separate NBA Draft threads. This is essentially already his thread.

Let them know. But yeah, if you guys are swinging for the fences at #10, I think it has to be Keon Johnson. If he develops, him and Morant would be insane. 

25 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think Moody's upside is a Khris Middleton type of player. He's 2 years younger than Bouknight and their numbers were pretty similar despite Moody being viewed as a non playmaker. 

In isolation: Moody (6/19 FG) | Bouknight (7/20 FG)

As a p-n-r ball handler: Moody (12/21) | Bouknight (18/49)

Catch & Shoot: Moody (48/133) | Bouknight (8/37)

Shots off the bounce: Moody (24/62) | Bouknight (21/63)

While both guys averaged like 1.7 apg. 

Moody is also 6'6" 210 with a 7'1" wingspan and plays defense. Bouknight is 6'4.5" with a 6'8" wingspan and was inconsistent defensively. 

If you're going to take a swing on a raw prospect I think Keon Johnson is way safer than Ziarie Williams, I see a ton of Cam Reddish in Ziarie. 

I mean, I know the numbers. But you can't watch both of them and tell me Moody is going to be the offensive player Bouknight is and can be.

I agree about Keon. He's got youth on his side like Moody but has shown more ability and potential to be a creator. I'd be more than fine with Keon at #10, but I think I'd rather swing on Ziaire than take Moody.

I mean, I know the numbers. But you can't watch both of them and tell me Moody is going to be the offensive player Bouknight is and can be.

I agree about Keon. He's got youth on his side like Moody but has shown more ability and potential to be a creator. I'd be more than fine with Keon at #10, but I think I'd rather swing on Ziaire than take Moody.

Bouknight is better off the bounce right now but he's also 2 years older. I think Middleton is what Moody could become in a best case scenario. 

Keon has the potential to be one of the best players from this draft, dude is an athletic freak. Needs to work on his handle/jumper but I'd personally take him over Moody or Bouknight. 

34 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

No no, I don't. Just tough to find the other opinions/conversations in the thread. Love the passion though, bud. 

NYRaider Final Mock Draft

1. Detroit: Cade Cunningham | GF | Oklahoma State

2. Houston: Jalen Green | SG | G-League

3. Cleveland: Evan Mobley | FC | USC

4. Toronto: Jalen Suggs | PG | Gonzaga

5. Orlando: Scottie Barnes | F | Florida State

6. Oklahoma City: James Bouknight | SG | UConn

7. Golden State: Jonathan Kuminga | F | G-League

8. Orlando: Alperen Sengun | C | Turkey

9. Sacramento: Franz Wagner | F | Michigan

10. Memphis: Keon Johnson | SG | Tennessee

11. Charlotte: Moses Moody | SG | Arkansas