2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

AGJ reminds me of Jimmy Butler and PBJ reminds me of Michael Porter Jr. 

PBJ is going to be a star no matter where he goes to college. Just so smooth and his jumper is pure. He's a much better defender than MPJ was tho. AGJ may be something but I'd have a hard time passing on PBJ's abilities.

Keep in mind, a healthy MPJ likely goes top 4 in the 2018 draft.

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

Bummed I missed Mobley play last night. Haven't had a chance to really evaluate him. Heard great things.

Mobley's mobility/fluidity/skill level is insane for a guy with his size/length. 

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

PBJ is going to be a star no matter where he goes to college. Just so smooth and his jumper is pure. He's a much better defender than MPJ was tho. AGJ may be something but I'd have a hard time passing on PBJ's abilities.

Keep in mind, a healthy MPJ likely goes top 4 in the 2018 draft.

I'd agree with that, PBJ is a more fluid athlete, if that makes sense. MPJ has always looked pretty stiff to me, so I'd agree that PBJ definitely has more defensive upside. 

AGJ is going to be very good, dude has All-NBA like potential, he's just more of a strong athlete than an explosive one. He really reminds me of Jimmy Butler. 

Interested to see what Chet Holmgren does, he was supposed to announce his college decision in mid-February but never did. He's reportedly considering the G-League path as well. 

8 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Cunningham entered as the heavy favorite to be selected at the top spot in the 2021 NBA Draft and after two challenging games, shooting just 26.5% from the field, some have wondered if his lackluster outings might raise concerns regarding him as a prospect. We caught up with an NBA scout and asked if anything had changed regarding Cunningham in their eyes. 

"Not really," said one NBA scout. "It’s what he had shown all year long as far as his inability to get downhill in spurts and issues with less space to operate. If you’re just seeing this now, from our angle, then I’m not sure what you had been watching all year long. The hope is that he improves his explosiveness at our level and that there is greater room to operate which would allow for a much more efficient Cade Cunningham."

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

With SGA likely out for the rest of the season there's a possibility that the Thunder could end up with two top 5 picks. Cade + Mobley would be an insane draft for them.

it'll take a little bit of lottery luck because houston is like a dumpster fire inside another dumpster fire

2 hours ago, catcheryea said:

it'll take a little bit of lottery luck because houston is like a dumpster fire inside another dumpster fire

A couple bad bounces for Houston and OKC could come away with 2 top 5 picks, IIRC it's top 4 protected.