2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

They'd also tell you Kyrie Irving is a superstar which is also blatantly false. 

I agree. I was listening to a podcast the other day and they were discussing how Cade is essentially the anti-LaMelo coming into the league. LaMelo came in with so many question marks and doubters that there wasn't a ton of pressure on him so when he did play pretty well people were like damn, this kid can hoop. Cade's on the opposite end of the spectrum, the media has hyped him up to an unreal level with Woj saying he's the best prospect since LeBron, the draftexpress guys calling him Luka, Jay Bilas calling him Luka. If he isn't an elite player from the jump he'll be considered a disappointment. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I agree. I was listening to a podcast the other day and they were discussing how Cade is essentially the anti-LaMelo coming into the league. LaMelo came in with so many question marks and doubters that there wasn't a ton of pressure on him so when he did play pretty well people were like damn, this kid can hoop. Cade's on the opposite end of the spectrum, the media has hyped him up to an unreal level with Woj saying he's the best prospect since LeBron, the draftexpress guys calling him Luka, Jay Bilas calling him Luka. If he isn't an elite player from the jump he'll be considered a disappointment. 

Don't worry about what the media says. Just make sound arguments when you debate people.

2 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

which pistons fans that you've spoken have expressed this opinion?

Wasn't @Texansfan713 just saying that season ticket sales are booming? You and @Sllim Pickens actually watch college basketball and follow it closely so I think you have fair expectations. But for the majority of Pistons fans watching the draft tonight they are going to be told repeatedly that Cade is Luka/LeBron level so that's what the expectations will be for him from the majority of your fanbase and the majority of casual basketball fans.

• Like 1

Just now, Bullet Club said:

Don't worry about what the media says. Just make sound arguments when you debate people.

Gotcha. I like Green the most, you like Mobley the most, others here who follow the draft like Cunningham the most. I just really disagree with the notion that Cade is significantly better than Green/Mobley like people such as @CWood21 have suggested.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

As were you. It happens.

Plus, lemme see more than 20 games of production. Not rooting against the kid but not ready to anoint him anything yet.

They just signed LiAngelo and Zo is next, ball bros take over baby. 

u-g-PT20AT0.jpg?w=550&h=550&p=0

10 minutes ago, Kirill said:

If we just tanked a whole season shut guys down and did this and that just for franz Wagner I’m gone be pretty pissed ngl. If we get Wagner and Bouknight that wouldn’t be too bad 

I already told you before the lottery when you were making plans about Cade/Mobley to pre-order your Scottie Barnes jersey kid. The analytics department f'd up again. 

Tony Jones: Things I’m currently hearing: 1. The Jazz are open to moving the #30 pick tonight 2. There is a specific player that could be available that is giving the Jazz a bit of pause on moving said pick (they really like this player) 3. The Jazz are active in trade discussions

It's probably Day'Ron Sharpe, if we draft him, on god, I will never be a Jazz fan again. @beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

He'd be your best big tbqh

The amount of resources and draft capital we've wasted on backup centers over the last couple of years has been incredible. 

Drafted Tony Bradley in the 1st then gave up picks to dump him

Signed Ed Davis in free agency then gave up picks to dump him

Drafted Udoka Azubukie in the 1st round then didn't play him 

Re-signed Derrick Favors in free agency and will likely give up picks to dump him

We should've went after Crazy Eyes Bobby Portis over Favors.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

We'll take Favors. Give us Primo or Christopher.

Please take this dude, lol. Just sucks we're most likely going to give up #30 to dump his bum arse. I wonder who the player is that we really like at #30 though.