2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

I really hope we don't trade 31 for a veteran. We could get a legitimate potential rotation piece there and we need that cheap contract, even if it's only a 2 year deal. 

If he doesn't go 1st round, JT Thor would be a home run pick there. Dosunmu would give us a guard bench scorer if he's on the board too.

Just now, beekay414 said:

I really hope we don't trade 31 for a veteran. We could get a legitimate potential rotation piece there and we need that cheap contract, even if it's only a 2 year deal. 

If he doesn't go 1st round, JT Thor would be a home run pick there. Dosunmu would give us a guard bench scorer if he's on the board too.

Get Duncan Robinson 2.0 aka Joe Wieskamp.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I like Dosunmu as an instant contributor, 15-20 MPG.

Nwora gonna be anything?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Knicks didn't invite Portis to the bubble. Less than a year later, he was an integral part in winning a title. Basketball is weird.

You were also able to sign Brook Lopez and Pat Conninghton on minimum deals. Traded essentially nothing for PJ Tucker and gave up George Hill/Eric Bledsoe and a couple of late picks for Holiday. Horst has done an excellent job of finding pieces that compliment Giannis, especially for a team that's in a small market, while not breaking the bank to do it.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

Nwora gonna be anything?

I do believe so and I'm excited about it. He flashed quite a bit for us in limited action. Started that meaningless game vs the Bulls and dropped 34 points on 14-23 shooting (4-8 3pt FG).

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

You were also able to sign Brook Lopez and Pat Conninghton on minimum deals. Traded essentially nothing for PJ Tucker and gave up George Hill/Eric Bledsoe and a couple of late picks for Holiday. Horst has done an excellent job of finding pieces that compliment Giannis, especially for a team that's in a small market, while not breaking the bank to do it.

He had no choice since we continually eff up our draft picks. I'm not complaining about him whatsoever but he needs to clean up the drafting due to the lack of assets moving forward now. Thankfully, much like hockey, there are always going to be GMs that'll bail you out of your bad moves/contracts, so we'll see what happens. He earned himself a long leash, that's for sure.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I do believe so and I'm excited about it. He flashed quite a bit for us in limited action. Started that meaningless game vs the Bulls and dropped 34 points on 14-23 shooting (4-8 3pt FG).

Nwora just balled out of his mind against Germany with 33 points. Miye Oni played pretty good too with 15 points. But also how the hell is Jahlil Okafor on that team, I never knew Chicago was in Nigeria. 

• Like 1