2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

21. New York (via DAL): Joshua Christopher | CG | Arizona State

22. Houston (via POR): Sharife Cooper | PG | Auburn

23. LA Lakers: Johnny Juzang | SG | UCLA

I'd be so ecstatic if the Lakers can grab Josh Christopher or Cooper

12 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Bruh you gotta stop mocking Centers to the Celtics. Time Lord is legit. 

Time lord is legit but he's just small for a 5. I think having a bigger backup 5 would help your rotation a lot. 

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Time lord is legit but he's just small for a 5. I think having a bigger backup 5 would help your rotation a lot. 

So sign a Vet, we dont need to draft someone just outside the lottery to be a career back up

44 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

One thing that I hope the NBA doesn’t over think is Davions age. He’s come a long way from his Auburn days. Easily one of my favorite guys in the draft

They absolutely should. It impacts a prospect’s long term potential. For example, Chris Duarte is a better player than him right now but I wouldn’t expect Duarte to go ahead of him because he’s even older.

2 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

They absolutely should. It impacts a prospect’s long term potential. For example, Chris Duarte is a better player than him right now but I wouldn’t expect Duarte to go ahead of him because he’s even older.

Duarte isn't a better prospect than Mitchell. 

9 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

He’s a better player right now. Not a better prospect. He’s already 24.

Meh. He's a better scorer but Mitchell is better at literally everything else. I like Duarte at the end of the first round for the Jazz though. 

56 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Most players drafted outside the lottery are career backups.

Yeah, role players. And Sharpe provides the size that the Celtics currently lack. Williams is pretty good but he's a 6'8" center. 

We were able to trade Trey Lyles and #24 to Denver for #13 to draft Donovan Mitchell. And paid Denver cash for the 27th pick to draft Rudy Gobert. I pray that we can work some similar magic and move up for Davion Mitchell this year. 

This years draft class is stacked.